Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillion 1100 Primer Slide Not Moving

Hey y’all,

Brand new to reloading and trying to adjust something’s on the new press.  Primer slide was working fine and got them to set correctly.  The issue came after I was fiddling with the primer tube and didn’t realize some primers were already in it. I had to go and fish out some loose primers.  After this, the slide is no longer moving back and forth for the primers to drop in or move forward to set any into case.  Nothing popped or clicked when fishing out the primers to my knowledge.

What I can tell is the black arm in the back is not grabbing the golden piece of the slide.  Not sure how to adjust that and can’t find a video on how to fix. 

Sorry about the lack of lingo.  Still trying to figure out what all these pieces do.

Any help would be appreciated!

10 hours ago, Hatch90 said:

Hey y’all,

Brand new to reloading and trying to adjust something’s on the new press.  Primer slide was working fine and got them to set correctly.  The issue came after I was fiddling with the primer tube and didn’t realize some primers were already in it. I had to go and fish out some loose primers.  After this, the slide is no longer moving back and forth for the primers to drop in or move forward to set any into case.  Nothing popped or clicked when fishing out the primers to my knowledge.

What I can tell is the black arm in the back is not grabbing the golden piece of the slide.  Not sure how to adjust that and can’t find a video on how to fix. 

Sorry about the lack of lingo.  Still trying to figure out what all these pieces do.

Any help would be appreciated!

Can you move the primer slide back and forth by hand?  If it moves freely, then you can probably just pull the pin on the indexing assembly and reset the arm so it's on the inside of the brass roller of the primer slide.  If the primer slide doesn't move freely by hand, then you'll have to take the primer magazine off because you've likely got a primer or debris gumming up the works. 

I annually take mine apart and clean it.  I had problems with the primers not getting picked up.  Clean it and spray dry lube on the bottom.  I do run a pipe cleaner in the primer tube to remove any dust or dirt.

Yeah, you might as well get used to the idea that you will be fiddling with the primer system more than once during your reloading career.

Whether it is just for routine maintenance/clean/lube or debugging some operational issue.

It is not uncommon to have to pull the complete primer assembly for some reason or another.

It may look intimidating at first glance but with that video you should be good

Adjusting that primer operating lever can be a bit finicky but has to be done on occasion.

2 hours ago, ddc said:

Adjusting that primer operating lever can be a bit finicky but has to be done on occasion.

Or does it??

https://fwarms.com/shop/reloading/priming/f-w-arms-primetime/

have one on the way.  I'll be very happy to let everyone know how well (or poorly) it works.  I'm obviously hoping for the former.