Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A Poodle Christmas

AustinMike

Where is the BIG dog

Well, I'd love to have a big dog, but there are few breeds we can have because of my wife's allergies. Poodles don't bother her, as they have "hair", rather than fur and they don't shed. Weird... Guess we could get a big standard size poodle, but there is something to be said for the portability of the toys. :lol: I've even had Lucy, the 8lb black one, out for a ride on my motorcycle.

I was sooooo freaked out about Santas (and clowns!!) when I was a kid that I NEVER submitted to that photo form of abuse. No way. I was convinced that Santas (and clowns) were all potentially evil. I wouldn't go near 'em. :ph34r::P

Same thing here. I'm still kinda freaked out by them today. <_<

-Chet

I was sooooo freaked out about Santas (and clowns!!) when I was a kid that I NEVER submitted to that photo form of abuse. No way. I was convinced that Santas (and clowns) were all potentially evil. I wouldn't go near 'em. :ph34r::P

Same thing here. I'm still kinda freaked out by them today. <_<

-Chet

You guys didn't read Steven King's IT did you. It had a very bad clown in it.

dj

Yea, and there was John Wayne Gacy, too.

The Standard Poodle is the best. (I grew up with Labs, and "converted" later.) You can get a large one at 65 pounds, or a smaller one in the 45-50 pound range, and have a medium-sized dog that thinks it is a big dog. Our previous, Baxter, was 65, and thought he was Cujo. Come to the house unannounced and he'd sound like he was going to tear you limb from limb. Our current, Oberon, is more sly. He lets out a single, loud bark, then lies in wait, to ambush. Unless he hears the UPS/FedEx truck before the knock. Then he's all friendly. (Did I mention how smart poodles are?)

No shedding, but there is ear maintenance.