Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 17 Flashlight Holster/QLS Question

ABdrummer

Hi,

Any recommendations for Glock 17/x300 holster setup for carry optics? Currently competing at level 1 matches with an axl eclipse, UBL and safariland 7390 on a QLS fork/receiver. It is slightly too far away from the belt to be legal however.

Ideally I would like a hanger system (maybe a true north MHA?) that I can toss a QLS receiver on so I can just move the safariland over to a comp belt setup (retention doesn't slow me down). Know of anything that will get me within the rules?

But if i need a new setup I am open to that as well, I just know that lights are not very common and a lot of comp setups don't account for them.

Thanks!

I just use a True North Concepts MHA with the female QLS plate directly attached to it with no spacer. I have light bearing holsters from Hammer Armament, Tier 1 Concealed, and MidWest Tactical Solutions and they all meet the 2 1/8” max distance with the male QLS fork and spacer to holster. I’ll have to double check what size spacer is on my retention holster due to the thumb break requiring a gap to clear the QLS fork.

UBL’s are weird with the positive camber that points the muzzle into your leg and offset mounting surface which also put the grip further away.

• 3 months later...

Late to the party here but I am using a Werkz M7 for my G34 with TLR-1. Pretty sure they make it for the X300 also. Has Bladetech and Safariland mounting points so you can run it on pretty much any hanger. I’ve got it on a Boss for my USPSA rig and will be using a Henning T-X for IDPA.