Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Guide Rod and spring

gunshrink

Thinking of getting the tungsten guide rod for my Legion - currently have the 12 pound spring in there but not sure with this heavier guide rod if that will be the best. Any input from those that have made this trip about your experience.

Thanks

28 minutes ago, gunshrink said:

Thinking of getting the tungsten guide rod for my Legion - currently have the 12 pound spring in there but not sure with this heavier guide rod if that will be the best. Any input from those that have made this trip about your experience.

Thanks

IMO, the weight of the necessary recoil spring is determined by the PF of your load (slide speed) and how quickly your sights return to zero.

I installed the tungsten guide rod and did not feel or experience the need to change recoil spring weight.  It's more about balancing the weight distribution of the pistol..........

👍

I liked it when I put it in my pre legion x5. At that point it allowed me to use 1911 springs which was the main benefit. I got a txg 6 months later though and then got a legion and through it in there. My x5 ended up with a PMM/norso upper so I couldnt use it at that point. Im not sure if I would of noticed it if I did it any other order.

• 5 months later...