Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 CGW disco rubs against the frame and the sear cage. Best way to fix?

gensus

Hi.

I have installed the CGW Reach Reduction Kit (RRK) on my Shadow 2, but I'm having some issues with the disconnector. The top of the disconnector rubs against the sear cage and bottom rubs against the frame. I have attached the pictures. Because of that contact I can feel some stacking during the DA pull. I measured my stock disconnector. It is 11.42mm top to bottom. The CGW disco that I got is 11.57mm top to bottom. Not a big difference, but it is there. Is the bottom of the disconnector supposed to contact the frame? Is the top supposed to contact the the sear cage in the center at all? Should I remove some material from the disconnector (bottom or top or both) to at least match the stock disco? I have already sent a similar message directly to CGW, but wanted to see if anyone have ever experienced a similar issue or is it normal. My Shadow 2 was SAO for a long time, so I skipped some polishing. I have already addressed the trigger bar contact points and polishing the center of the sear cage now. Should I do anything at all with the disco (it resets fine)?

Thank you

disco.JPG

6 hours ago, gensus said:

Hi.

I have installed the CGW Reach Reduction Kit (RRK) on my Shadow 2, but I'm having some issues with the disconnector. The top of the disconnector rubs against the sear cage and bottom rubs against the frame. I have attached the pictures. Because of that contact I can feel some stacking during the DA pull. I measured my stock disconnector. It is 11.42mm top to bottom. The CGW disco that I got is 11.57mm top to bottom. Not a big difference, but it is there. Is the bottom of the disconnector supposed to contact the frame? Is the top supposed to contact the the sear cage in the center at all? Should I remove some material from the disconnector (bottom or top or both) to at least match the stock disco? I have already sent a similar message directly to CGW, but wanted to see if anyone have ever experienced a similar issue or is it normal. My Shadow 2 was SAO for a long time, so I skipped some polishing. I have already addressed the trigger bar contact points and polishing the center of the sear cage now. Should I do anything at all with the disco (it resets fine)?

Thank you

disco.JPG

I'm not surprised.  I bought a short reset kit, race hammer, and sear springs from them and the parts jacked up my P-09 something fierce.  Trigger pull became so unbelievably heavy that the gun was unusable with their parts.

To make matters worse I can't return them because I installed them in the gun.

BTW yes I know how to take apart and put back together a an Omega CZ.

That won't happen again.

• 1 year later...
On 1/5/2023 at 11:33 AM, gensus said:

Hi.

Thank you

disco.JPG

Sorry to dig up an old topic but I couldn’t find the answer anywhere else. It’s this normal? I installed the RRK in by S2C and noticed this too.

I've done this on three CZ's and never had a problem BUT there are always the chance of stacking tolerances so usually there is a disclaimer that some fitting may be required.  I have had to fit some "drop-in" parts.

10 hours ago, Tunachaser said:

I've done this on three CZ's and never had a problem BUT there are always the chance of stacking tolerances so usually there is a disclaimer that some fitting may be required.  I have had to fit some "drop-in" parts.

Should I file my disconnector more? My S2C shoots fine. I’ve put a few hundred rounds through it since installing the RRK. What would happen if I filed my disconnector too much?

Without seeing your pistol I am loath to give out advice.  Have you checked and polished the rest of the usual areas as shown by kneeling atlas?  I would make doubly certain that the problem is in the disconnector.  Phone CGW Monday.

On 4/5/2024 at 6:27 AM, georgel12 said:

It’s this normal? I installed the RRK in by S2C and noticed this too.

I've set up a few Shadow 2s with this kit and swear by it.

The first thing to know is the foot on the bottom of the disco is supposed to ride on the frame, it's part of the DA process. This is why I personally polish the bottom of the foot on the disco and make sure the frame is smooth. CZC actually makes the contact point/foot  on the Disco where it touches the frame a bit small to reduce drag.

The top of the disco can rub the sear cage. Again I polish the sear cage where it can makes contact with the disco. Additionally, that is also the location where dirt and grit can rub between the sear cage, disco, and trigger bar. If you didn't polish these surfaces first you will see where they contact after a few hundred rounds. Polish the rub areas to make a butter smooth contact.

So far the only filing/Dremel work I've ever done on the CGW disco is making sure the SA will reset and have the amount of take up I like. I do polish the foot and the rear face after adjusting/fitting for the SA.

Hand fitting is part of the joy of perfecting your gun. If you are not sure about doing the work and not willing to buy replacement parts for any accidental extra removal of material, find a local GS or send it to CGW or CZC.

Edited by HesedTech