Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shield RMSX

TheChef1

I have an RMSx. It is one of my least favorite red dots, at least for my application. There's no manual brightness adjustment and the zeroing is done through a set screw. The zeroing through a set screw is not that big of a deal, but I prefer click adjustments with a screwdriver or a casing at least.

The manual brightness adjustment is particularly important because throughout the winter my club shoots indoors. It is nearly impossible to see the dot indoors. It is so dim and barely perceptible.

That was enough of a dealbreaker for me that I never even bothered to try it outdoors.

4 hours ago, VeilAndrew said:

I have an RMSx. It is one of my least favorite red dots, at least for my application. There's no manual brightness adjustment and the zeroing is done through a set screw. The zeroing through a set screw is not that big of a deal, but I prefer click adjustments with a screwdriver or a casing at least.

The manual brightness adjustment is particularly important because throughout the winter my club shoots indoors. It is nearly impossible to see the dot indoors. It is so dim and barely perceptible.

That was enough of a dealbreaker for me that I never even bothered to try it outdoors.

oh yeah thats pretty stupid theres no manual adjustment. I agree that sound kind of like a deal breaker. I dont really shoot any matches inside everything is outside in the florida sun. but I do shoot indoors sometimes. you still have yours?

4 hours ago, TheChef1 said:

oh yeah thats pretty stupid theres no manual adjustment. I agree that sound kind of like a deal breaker. I dont really shoot any matches inside everything is outside in the florida sun. but I do shoot indoors sometimes. you still have yours?

Yup I still have mine. It's DPP footprint so that makes it pretty easy to mount on a bunch of stuff, but I think a lot of people realize how dogpoo of an optic it is, so I've not been able to sell, though not for lack of trying.

On 1/4/2023 at 8:50 PM, VeilAndrew said:

Yup I still have mine. It's DPP footprint so that makes it pretty easy to mount on a bunch of stuff, but I think a lot of people realize how dogpoo of an optic it is, so I've not been able to sell, though not for lack of trying.

Apparently they are coming out with a new model with a glass lens. Maybe they’ll update the brightness setting too. 

3 hours ago, TheChef1 said:

Apparently they are coming out with a new model with a glass lens. Maybe they’ll update the brightness setting too. 

If it was a dot with manual brightness, I would like it lot more surely. However, it doesn't seem very robust.. but neither is my beloved Trijicon SRO.

It looks and feels like a skinnier DeltaPoint Pro and shares the same footprint, as I mentioned earlier.

36 minutes ago, VeilAndrew said:

If it was a dot with manual brightness, I would like it lot more surely. However, it doesn't seem very robust.. but neither is my beloved Trijicon SRO.

It looks and feels like a skinnier DeltaPoint Pro and shares the same footprint, as I mentioned earlier.

Yeah I have two SRO's and a romeo 3 max. I like them all but what intrigued me about this one was how low it sits and how small it seems overall excluding the window which is what we want big. 

I have a RMSC on a Prodigy and no issues so far.  It's auto-adjust but has been fine for all the different indoor lighting I've encountered.  Haven't used it outside yet.  Windage and elevation adjustments require a hex key.  Mine took less than five minutes and maybe a dozen rounds to dial in.  I'm quite pleased with it.