Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Just Completed Limited .40 Para

Hamar

Whew! This is my brand new blaster. Older Para frame with STI slide. Barsto barrel. Plating by Tripp. This is my first attempt at building a rig from scratch. I did all the machine work and fitting. I did lean on a very good friend of mine to rescue me after I managed to screw up the lug cut on the barrel. I must give thanks to Dan S for the pointers and my constant questions. Well, I cant wait to shoot it. Comments are welcome good or bad.

post-6202-1134524919_thumb.jpg

post-6202-1134524966_thumb.jpg

post-6202-1134525001_thumb.jpg

post-6202-1134525022_thumb.jpg

This was a used para frame that I had just hanging around. Those holes were once used to located and secure a thumb ledge. If I had them welded up, I would have gotten a funky discoloration in the hard chrome from the weld.

A while back I built an open gun on a Para frame. When I was trying to choose a dot, a couple of people mentioned that since the dust cover on the Para frame is thinner than most, holes drilled there may lead to the frame cracking. I guess since there is nothing in the holes, there may not be a problem.

Slick looking gun!

Here are a couple of pix of my Para-STIs (STP? :D ). Nothing sexy like yours, just shooters.

post-400-1134526701_thumb.jpg

post-400-1134526744_thumb.jpg

Edited by ChuckS

Looks really nice.

You might get some good use out of the centerline cut in the slide. I asked Brian Hawley to put one in my Open Glock & at first I didn't see it much. Then I went Blue Sharpie on it and just spent some time "noticing" what's there to see in peripheral vision as I'm looking at a spot on the target & pushing the gun out. Started to get some good "confirmation" of a solid index and the result was earlier shots. Here's a pic:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...pe=post&id=1203

Maybe it's just long arms or poor coordination but I find myself seeing different angles and different spots along the slide [with a ghost image of the target behind it] if I'm in a normal stand&shoot stance vs when I'm shooting&moving, coming around a doorway, barricade, and so on. Starting out on target & then going backwards to a high-ready position can show you a lot of nice visual cues.

Eric, I agree. I was thinking that the center line mill may help with target alignment from wierd shooting positions. We shall see when I get a chance to shoot it.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Very cool too see a para getting good reviews. I'd love to hear how it shoots.

I'm looking for a shorter trigger for my para how does that one compare to the stock trigger length? I like the looks of that trigger it blends in nicely with the rest of the gun. Clean elegant lines.