TO 1ST, 2ND, AND 3RD IN BOTH DIVISIONS BASED ON NUMBER OF COMPETITORS

MATCH LIMITED TO 80 SHOOTERS

NAME: _____________________________________________________

ADDRESS: _________________________________________________

CITY: ____________________STATE: __________ZIP: __________

E-MAIL: ____________________________PHONE:______________

PRIMARY SHOTGUN MAKE___________MODEL___________ 12 or 20

DIVISION: AUTO____________________PUMP________________________

DUE TO RANGE AREA THERE WILL BE NO DAY OF MATCH SIGN UP, PRE REGISTRATION ONLY (NO EXCEPTIONS SORRY)

SEND COMPLETED APPLICATION TO:

CAROLINA TACTICAL INVITATIONAL SHOTGUN MATCH

C/O MIKE OBERMAN

P.O.BOX 1211

YOUNGSVILLE, NORTH CAROLINA 27596

MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO:

CAROLINA TACTICAL INVITATIONAL

SATURDAY SQUAD TIMES: 0800 1000 1200 1400 1600 SUNDAY SQUAD TIMES: 1000 1200 1400

CIRCLE TIME YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHOOT

DIRECTIONS WILL BE SENT WITH YOUR CONFIRMATION E-MAIL

SHOOTERS THAT WISH TO SHOOT TOGETHER MUST SEND IN APPLICATIONS TOGETHER SQUAD LIMIT IS 10 SHOOTERS PER SQUAD.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

EQUIPMENT: ANY AUTO OR PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN, ANY BARREL LENGTH MAGAZINE CAPACITY LIMIT IS 9, PORTING IS PERMITTED, OPTICS ARE NOT PERMITTED.

AMMUNITION: ABSOLUTLY NO BUCKSHOT OF ANY TYPE, NO STEEL SHOT. ONLY LEAD BIRD SHOT WILL BE PERMITTED. DUE TO THE LIMIT ON BERMS ONLY 18 SLUGS WILL BE REQUIRED.

STANDARD SAFETY RULES APPLY!

SQUADS: SQUADS WILL SHOOT THE ENTIRE MATCH IN TIME SLOT ALLOTTED. EACH SQUAD WILL HAVE NO MORE THAN 10 COMPETITORS. 5 SQUADS WILL SHOOT THE MATCH ON SATURDAY AND 3 SQUADS WILL SHOOT THE MATCH ON SUNDAY. SHOOTERS THAT WISH TO SHOOT TOGETHER SHOULD SEND IN APPLICATIONS TOGETHER AND SELECT SQUAD.

THE MATCH: THE MATCH WILL SHOT ON BOTH SATURDAY AND SUNDAY RESULTS WILL BE POSTED NLT 2200 SUNDAY NIGHT. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT WE HAVE YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS.

WINNERS! PRIZE MONEY WILL BE MAILED TO THE WINNERS NLT MONDAY MARCH 27, 2006. PRIZE MONEY WILL BE BASED ON THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES AND MATCH EXPENSES. THERE MAY BE SOME PRIZES AWARDED BY DRAWING OR RAFFLED!

SIDE SHOOT: THERE WILL BE A SHOTGUN SPEED SIDE SHOOT. $3.00 PER RUN OR $20.00 FOR 10 RUNS. AMOUNT TO THE WINNERS WILL BE BASED ON PARTICIPATION. CASH WILL BE PAID OUT LEWIS SYSTEM.

Looks like a match for "Real Guns" Open is fine, but is a 30 inch barrel with an extended broomstick of a tube really suitable for a tactical match? This evidently is not a USPSA match, but rather one of the many so-called "Outlaw Matches" that are run around the country.

Most are more fun than just about anything else you can do with your clothes on.

If I can see my way clear I plan on going. Mike If you are out here, please drop me a note.

Am I understanding that the squading is 8 starts and a two hour run time? 10 people maximum on a squad, two hours to shoot and we're done.

Jim Norman

Jim,

I agree, a 30" open gun with a tube sticking way into the great beyond is hardly tactical but a 23" - 24" open gun with a tube to match and a low profile red dot on the barrel (the J-Point and related mount) is tactical as all hell. Much faster and more accurate that most "tactical shotguns" than I can think of.

FR

FR, I can't disagree, BUT

Where do you draw the line? At our 3-gun, we allow no optics or speed loaders and we strongly urge short guns, but, you can bring your 32" if you want, just don't bitch if you can't move through the COF easily.

I think there is room for all types of matches and restrictions. This MD wants an Iron sighted match with no speed loaders. OK, Pump or Auto, two divisioins, fine with me. USPSA allows for Open and Limited, so unless you are really realy good, forget your pump. I kind of like the idea of a pump class, Maybe nexttime there will be three and Open will be allowed, maybe not. I am trying to plan my life around getting to this match, but I am not sure of the how it is scheduled, looks like each squad will shoot the whole match in a two hour window. Great if true, We can drive in Friday night, Shoot second squad Saturday and drive home in time to set-up for Sunday. Unless we stay over for a 3-gun I hear may be running nearby on the same weekend.

Jim

I'm interested in the match as well, but don't have a real warm fuzzy yet over how or exactly what they are doing. If someone could take a few minutes and lay this out for us slow thinkers it woud be appreciated and we could evaluate if it is feasable to make a very long drive to make it.

Jim,

The match schedule is set up so that you can select the two hour time frame you would like to shoot. You show up, shoot, then go home. The match results will be emailed to all shooters no later than Sunday night 2200 hrs. The prizes will be mailed the next day.

Benelli2,

What is it exactly you would like to know about? I'm be happy to provide as much info as I can.

Merry Christmas everyone,

Maybe I can explain a little about the the Shotgun match, we are having two divisions Auto and Pump Action. Call me old fashion but I still belive there is a place for pump guns in the game.

The rules are simple: USPSA Safety rules apply, shoot any shotgun you like,12, 20, 410 any barrel length but you cannot use optics or speed loaders and you can load no more than nine. I think we can all come to the agreement that the shooter that loads the fastes wins the game with shotguns.

The only penalties you can get are Miss, FTE, Foot Faults, or not following the course as directed all penaties are 10 seconds.

Targets will be light steel and clay birds, we will have pidgon flippers and flying birds that are activated by either poppers or pressure plates. You will not incur a miss penalty on a disappeering bird, you will receive a bonus of 2,5 seconds for every disappering bird you break The match will be scored time + penalties. Due to the availability of a berm that may or may not be there, there are 18 slugs that may be shot.

We are going to do a shotgun speed shoot as well, payback by lewis after the match is over.

The squads are set to run the stages in 2 hour blocks so we can keep a minimum of people on the property at any one time . I am clearing land, building berms and building my retirement home there.

I do know USPSA I was the Founder of the Clear Creek Practical Shooters and Co-Founder with Joe Turek of the Mile High Showdown. I have been President of Boulder IPSC and Match Director for the 1990 Colorado State IPSC Match at AGC. I also know that there is no place for 3 gun in IDPA, it just don't fit there. I am a supporter of D.R. Middlebrooks and his Tactical Shooting Association. I have been active in IDPA since its inception, but again I am supporting 3 gun as much as I can to keep us shooting any game.

We are also raffling off a Benelli Comp Shotgun, a Springield XD and Leupold 3x9x40 scope. After expense proceeds are going to the Blackwater Memorial Fund, to assist families of Blackwater Staff killed in the war. Tickets are for sale at Personal Defenses and Handgun Safety Center in Raleigh NC, The Range, in Oxford NC or through the CTI webpage.

I'm Sorry for the long post but I hope this takes care of some questions.

Stay Safe, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Mike Oberman

MD CTI 3 Gun

Excellent explaination of the rules and the reasons.

I will know by next week how many of us will be coming down. We don't need the first squad, but would certainly like to be on the way by early afternoon. If I understand, we have 8-10, 10-12, 12-2 and so on, the second or even third flight works, after that it gets a bit late to try and get up the next day and build our own.

Merry Christmas

Jim Norman

Mike,

I was glad to see your post yesterday explaining what "outlaw" is to those who only know "IPSC".

Your match looks great - please send more details as they become available. I have my 3 gun match that weekend as well and plan to be at yours.

Just in case you haven't seen it, our Black Creek 3 Gun website is up and running. The URL is

http://bc3g.ath.cx

Hope to see you back up here in '06.

Happy New Year,

Joe Fallis

BC3G