Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock and Reloads

AZ ERIC

A few years back, a friend of mine told me his stock Glock 22 is sensitive to reloads.  He was comparing it to his HK, SIG and S&W.  At the time I didn't think of asking him to get into details, but he was using a Dillion Square Deal B.

What is your experiance with this?  Is it really a problem and if so, what are ways to overcome the problems?

All I shoot in my Glocks is reloads.  G23,G22,G24,G20,G21 all run fine on them.  I am sure you will find lots of people who shoot reloads in their Glocks and they work fine.  My first question when I hear this type of thing is how was the quality of the reloads? Lots of variables that ou can screw up in reloading that will cause gun problems. The only thing you need to worry about is if YOU have problems with YOUR reloads.  Don't worry about the other guy.

I've used reloads in my Glock since day numero uno.  I've only had a couple misfires due to unseated primers (my fault).  SDB is a perfectly good reloader too.  Don't believe any badmouthing about them.

Search the forums, there's a ton of good info here on reloading for your Glock.

I never had problems with reloaded ammo in my G34 and G35. Both have standard barrels.

9 mm are loaded on a hornady projector and .40 on a SDB. The only thing i do extra is resize all my .40 brass on a singlestage Hornady 007 with an EGW sizing die.

My second G35 that i'll make my current a backup gun will have a BarSto barrel and i expect the extra sizing could be skipped.

Further more i agree totally with Intel6

Greetings

Adrie

• 6 months later...

One thing i learned the hard way with aSTOCK #35

nO SMALL RIFLE PRIMERS <_<

Never in practice but every stage in a match, at least one light hit on a primer

went to SMALL PISTOL primers no more problemo

Lee resizing and factory crimp dies are what i use now for my STI loads and i don't care what brass i use,i have even ran a few .357 sig casses through (they are now .40).I wish i could have saved those after i shot them for inspection but i guess they are in the grass at stage 5 somewhere :P

and yes the Ghost Rocket is the best add on since the magwell for a glock :D

My 17's generous chamber devours everything I feed it from 115s to 147s and even some FMJ 150s sized .3560" made for the 38 sup. and loaded to a hair over minor w/ Titegroup. I have noticed that the stock recoil spring is naturally on the heavy side to deal w/ the +p+ that will inevitably make its way through most Glocks sold in the US, thus reloads work best loaded to at least standard velocity. In working up 147 minor loads, I started very low and had to hold the gun stiff armed to get it to function. Otherwise, reloads run 100%.

My G17 "eats" everything I feed it including several types of reloads. In fact, my G17 is famous for feeding & firing cartridges that have failed in guns of other people. (I'm the only Glock owner in our small club).