Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

14.45 Limited

para1445

I'm using a 14.45 LTD para for Limited division. I'm feeling the need to replace the factory parts with aftermarket stuff. Such as trigger, hammer, sear, etc. etc. I also want to do my own trigger job. Any suggestions on what to get/replace and what manufacturer. I'm kinda leaning to Ed Brown's gear. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

The Para system uses a different type of sear engagement, and I was unable to get my trigger pull down to where I wanted it (2 pounds and crisp) without the hammer following occasionally using the stock parts. Bad stuff.

I wanted to keep the cost on my P14-45 Limited project as low as possible, so I decided to try the Wilson "value line" hammer and sear (I kept the stock disconnector and sear spring). After a little work with my Ed Brown sear jig and my white ceramic stone, and adjustment of the sear spring tension, the trigger on this gun is now excellent! It will be interesting to see if my trigger job on these MIM parts will hold up long term, but after a year and a half it's doing great!

My favorite combination is the Koenig hammer and EGW sear....but it's also a quite a bit more expensive proposition.

Good luck,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

My Paras all have some common parts and some different. In doing so, I have learned which items I prefer and would use if I build yet another Para or any 1911 for that matter.

C&S Ultralight hammer. sear, disconnect

STI for Para Trigger (if you can find one)

EB Tactical ambi safeties

EB Beavertail

EB extended Mag release (not large button)

S&A flat Magwell

extreme engineering makes those cylinder and slide hammers, sears and disconnector.

you can save about 20 bones by buying them under the EE brand name

I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads-up. I will go that route next time.

Just a quick question....is the EE trigger kit a drop in item? Will a newb be able to put it in himself? :blink:

Should be able to as the sear and hammer engagement surfaces are already set for the right angles. There is always the chance even drop in items will need some tweaking though.