Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need 3gun Night Shoot Stages.... Simple

Next weekend we are having a night shoot.

Want some ideas for simple stages using paper targets.

One I was thinking of was putting cloths on the targets, then painting the head of a classic target different colors. Then have you choose a color before the run. The rest of targets become no shoots.

Also looking for ways to come up with pics of weapons I could print on my color printer then attach them to targets.

Again all suggestion will be appreciated.

Check out our web site if you'd like to join us.

Threegun@att.net

We hold our matches at an indoor range and fit 2-3 stages in an 36' wide by 25 yard area. the folling links will show the stages for the last low light match we held and the stages for the next match (January).

http://www.shootersparadise.com/forums/showthread.php?t=793

and

http://www.shootersparadise.com/forums/showthread.php?t=681

our plate rack uses paper plates which can be replaces or pasted.

Also looking for ways to come up with pics of weapons I could print on my color printer then attach them to targets.

Again all suggestion will be appreciated.

Check out our web site if you'd like to join us.

Threegun@att.net

Maybe something like these?

post-2898-1134356216_thumb.jpg post-2898-1134356261_thumb.jpg post-2898-1134356287_thumb.jpg

if you have electricity on the range try using a strobe light.

I shot a strobe stage once. It was a Holloween thing. It was more difficult to set the swingers up after the shoot then it was to hit the targets. :blink: It was accually pretty cool thought.

Recently our club had a night shoot but it was pistol and shotgun only. On one stage we hooked up two spotlights to simulate headlights. This created a light obstacle that worked against the shooter. Then we set up single column of 50-gallon plastic drums (one on top of the other. The shooter uses these as barriers against the light (otherwise the light blinded the shooter to the point he could not see the targets).

For barricades against the light obstacle make them barricade skinny. This forces the shooter to move around to create angles to engage the target while blocking out the light. For the lights we used 2 high power halogens screwed into a 2x4 frame and ran a extension cord to a power source. We dragged the cord out of the way where a shooter would not be near it during the COF, but it was a trip hazard when resetting the stage. We just made sure everyone knew about the cord.

• 9 months later...