Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accushadow 2 trigger

Hopsing

Bought new about 3 months ago. The trigger has a lot of creep on the single action. Also it’s like a 2 stage trigger , you have to take up the slack then go through the creep! It’s about a 3.5 lb. Pull. I’m no great pistol shooter but I know what a good trigger feels like. Do I have a trigger job done or send it back?  Thanks in advance,    Kem

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased an Accu Shadow 1 from CZC.  The trigger was better than a stock Shadow but not awesome like my 2011 triggers.  I like to tinker and it was easy enough to get the parts from CGW to upgrade the trigger.  After playing with different parts, I have the trigger dialed in.  It is no CGW trigger job which has one of the best that I've played with. 

If you are adventurous, you can following Kneelingatlas' guide on how to upgrade the trigger yourself.  It is not hard and many of the items are useful upgrades.

If not, you can always elect to send it to CGW.

On 9/22/2022 at 7:56 PM, Hopsing said:

This is my first and last cz pistol! That’s all I have to say!  

Did you try changing the springs? a few spring changes will likely get the pull down. A little polishing and you're down even more. A manufacture needs to sell you a gun they know will go bang every time. The trigger will be able to be improved on probably 98 percent of guns factory or custom. The shadow 2 triggers are really good but if you want a 1911 trigger get a 1911 or 2011. Not sure why this little issue would make you never want to buy a CZ again you need to be a little more realistic a tuned CZ will be second only to 1911 style guns.

As for Stuart he is a great guy and like I said the guns they sell need to ignite any primer from the factory. You would be complaining even more if you got the gun and had a 2lb trigger and a bunch of light strikes. When you pay extra for a competition trigger job im sure they will hand fit and polish everything which takes time and we all know time is money. a 3.5 lb trigger is damn good for a gun coming straight out of the box.  

All that said I think Cajun does a better job at getting a super light and short pull. I buy their parts and install/polish myself.