Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Breda b12i issues

MaddHatter

I purchased a b12i from an individual brand new and it will not go into battery 95% of the time with a shell. Whether it is the first or second doesn't matter. It functions fine with no shell. What I can recreate is if the bolt is compressed before it is in the chamber it will lock up. If I pull it back a little to relieve pressure it will load the round and fire. I have put 100 through it with no change. Any help would be appreciated. 

https://imgur.com/a/Vw0rCQC

20 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

I purchased a b12i from an individual brand new and it will not go into battery 95% of the time with a shell. Whether it is the first or second doesn't matter. It functions fine with no shell. What I can recreate is if the bolt is compressed before it is in the chamber it will lock up. If I pull it back a little to relieve pressure it will load the round and fire. I have put 100 through it with no change. Any help would be appreciated. 

https://imgur.com/a/Vw0rCQC

Scrub the chamber and barrel well and look inside chamber, with barrel separated from receiver. See any burrs or deformities in chamber?  Does chamber accept a shell fully? If not, either use the warranty or a gunsmith to clean up the chamber. 

9 minutes ago, mpom said:

Scrub the chamber and barrel well and look inside chamber, with barrel separated from receiver. See any burrs or deformities in chamber?  Does chamber accept a shell fully? If not, either use the warranty or a gunsmith to clean up the chamber. 

Thank you for the response. I didn't see any burrs or deformities that I can tell but will scrub it and check again. The chamber accepts 5 different shells I have tried fully.  It looks like the bolt head is rotating. moving backwards, too early and it won't go past the point in the picture.  It only happens with a shell being loaded. I have reached out to Breda but I am not the original owner so not sure how much help they will provide.  Will probably need to find a gunsmith because I am kind of lost at this point.  Was hoping it was just something I was doing wrong.