Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bob Marvel

Lem

I wanted to ask you how things are going with writing the 1911 book with bob Marvel.I have been really inspired that you and bob was going to put a 1911 book out .I think that will help a lot of 1911 people that want to build their own 1911 .And to get their information from one of the greatest 1911 builders. I believe there will be a lot of 1911 pistols built. Is the book done or will it be soon. Thank you a 1911 Enthusiast!

• 1 year later...
On 7/28/2022 at 1:37 PM, Lem said:

I wanted to ask you how things are going with writing the 1911 book with bob Marvel.I have been really inspired that you and bob was going to put a 1911 book out .I think that will help a lot of 1911 people that want to build their own 1911 .And to get their information from one of the greatest 1911 builders. I believe there will be a lot of 1911 pistols built. Is the book done or will it be soon. Thank you a 1911 Enthusiast!

Hi Lem,

I have been and continue to work with Bob Marvel on this project. It is a huge project, and it is going to take time.

I am currently an instructor at the Bob Marvel Training Center in Crete, Nebraska. The biggest hurdle in writing this book has been barrel fitting. Bob continues to evolve, and he has been perfecting his barrel fitting methods over many years. I/we believe we have decided on the technique which will be described in his book.

Stay tuned! Thanks for reaching out.

Chris Martin

• 1 month later...

Hello wanttolearn,

I appreciate your patience. This project has been a huge undertaking. For the past several years, Bob has continued to evolve. The 1911 pistols we are building now have been absolutely outstanding. For the past six years that I have been working with Bob Marvel, I have learned at least 6 different ways to fit a barrel. I believe we have settled on a technique which will be outlined very carefully in the book. The barrel fitting chapter has been the most difficult for me to document, and it brings me immense joy to share Bob’s genius with the world. There simply isn’t anything like it anywhere. 

If you are interested in learning more or perhaps wanting to build a pistol yourself, you can find information about the Bob Marvel Training Center at NelsonCustomGuns.com.

https://www.nelsoncustomguns.com

• 2 months later...