Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

longer slide in C\O uspsa allowed?

norcalplinker

2 hours ago, waktasz said:

Amazing what information opening the rulebook for 30 seconds can yield. 

The rule book also says for production and carry optics if it isn't specifically called out it is not allowed which is why I wanted to make sure and have an official specific answer. 

I figured it was good because the previous rule states it had to be same size but that wording was removed. 

1 hour ago, truespode said:

The rule book also says for production and carry optics if it isn't specifically called out it is not allowed which is why I wanted to make sure and have an official specific answer.

The rule that was quoted in this thread specifically tells you that you can replace the slide with any slide you want.  It doesn't state anything about length because length is addressed elsewhere.  Like in Appendix D7 section 7

Edited by Johnny_Chimpo

13 hours ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

Like in Appendix D7 section 7

7    Maximum size Handgun    No

Good point. I overlooked that. 

I think one thing that kept gnawing at me that prompted me to finally reach out to NROI was that originally when the rule changed and I was considering the aftermarket slide I reached out to the RO Instructor I had and he said he wasn't sure either and to reach out to NROI. 

However, I never put Appendix D7 7 together with 21.3 that you can use an aftermarket slide (no caveat like there was previously). Oversight on my part as I was looking for a singular rule to cover it when I should have looked at Appendix D7 in its entirety.

Ivan

8 hours ago, truespode said:

However, I never put Appendix D7 7 together with 21.3 that you can use an aftermarket slide (no caveat like there was previously). Oversight on my part as I was looking for a singular rule to cover it when I should have looked at Appendix D7 in its entirety.

Yep the Appendices need to be taken as a whole to be properly understood.  Glad that I was able to help