Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para 18.9 LDA

Spas29

Bonjour à tous,

I own a Para 18.9 LDA and I am looking for all infos about lightning the trigger.

I read on the forum that, two decades ago, Jim Anglin made a jig for a trigger  job.

Has someone infos about this jig or « how to make » a good and reliable trigger job ?

With my thanks,

Best regards,

Serge

• 2 weeks later...

If your going to do this yourself, I would start with a trigger pull gauge to see where you are. Then I would tear the gun down, do a complete clean and fully polish every part, trigger channel and then put it back together to see where that got you. Also, make sure your hammer spring is the “RIGHT” one for the load you are shooting. 

This practice with give you knowledge of the internal parts and see any wear or exactly what your working with. 

There are a few jugs out there that you can get. One for the sear only, one for trigger to sear mating and even some bench blocks have pin positions for the hammer to sear mate up. 

I know I didn’t give you a name of a jig, but this is how I address my 1911 triggers and I’m running a reliable #3 across all mine. 

1 hour ago, Runnin2live said:

I know I didn’t give you a name of a jig, but this is how I address my 1911 triggers and I’m running a reliable #3 across all mine. 

The LDA versions do not have a 1911 trigger/sear assembly so those jigs will not work.

Absolutely correct. The basic known jigs are not the ones I am looking for.

I know that M. Anglin ( who passed away alas ) made one two decades ago. I do not know how and where find this particular jig.

There were also gunsmith who knew how to made a triggerjob on that special LDA, as M. Smith at EGW ( that I cannot join him by mail - access denied from France…) or as M. Jarrett to whom I wrote a few week ago.

Seems to be a long long hard road…

If anyone can help, It would be greatly appreciate.

Thank you,

DVC

It has been so long ago but Todd Jarrett told me how to do it on my LDA, mine was a 45. Try and reach out to Todd on Facebook and tell him Tommy Roupe told you to check with him.  It has been so long, Todd may not remember either.  Todd shot his as fast as his 1911's and commented on better trigger control due to the design.

Yes Sir, good luck.  I can tell you that Todd could shoot that pistol design very well. He told me that he felt that he could shoot it as accurate, if not more than a standard 1911 setup.  Many years ago for sure.

• 5 months later...

Hello gentlemen,
As Mr Roupe had kindly recommended, I sent an email to Mr Todd Jarrett (  todd@toddjarrett.com), asking for his advice to improve the start of my Para Ordnance LDA.
I hope his answer will help me soon,
Thanks,
DVC,
Serge

• 2 weeks later...

Hello gentlemen,

Alas, a thousand times alas, I have had no reply to my e-mail from Mr Jarrett.
I’m disappointed and a little interrogative.
However, I think that my question could have interested some owners of Para LDA but perhaps this subject does not interest Mr Jarrett or that he has little memory of it.
Just disappointed.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Bonjour Gentlemen,

I am not on FB, but wrote Mr Todd Jarrett two e.mails … alas, he never answered.

So, …

I will certainly try with french gunsmiths , I know some of them whom are IPSC shooters also, and they are pretty good.

No regrets.

Thanks.