Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New M&P 2.0 10 degree striker?

I’ve got three M&P 2.0 pistols with the same Apex trigger kits in them and I finally figured out why one of them has a different pull than the rest. Apparently, Smith&Wesson changed strikers to reduce the break weight. Two of my  strikers have a stamping on the side that looks something like “10•”. It’s right next to where the sear catches the striker. Does anyone know when this change occurred or do all 2.0 have this striker? It feels like it reduces the break by almost a pound.  The Apex trigger chart doesn’t seem to apply with this striker. 
Trigger-Pull-Weight-Guide-600x463.png

A20DFEBC-713A-4552-BFCF-DCE955EA2EB6.jpeg

I believe all 2.0 m&ps  should have the 10 degree striker. Sounds like 1 of yours came w the 1.0 striker. 

Just call S&W customer service, they should one free. Get an extra for a spare, should one of the striker springs crap out.

Mark

Interesting.  When I got an early M&P, I sent it to Dan Burwell for trigger work.  One thing he did was angle and polish the striker foot. It seemed like a logical improvement , though I could imagine that the angle would very slightly reduce the distance it travelled both backward in cocking and therefore the amount of forward travel.  I was worried it might reduce striker force but I could not tell any difference. It looks like the 2.0 incorporates a better version.  
Anyone tried the 2.0 in a 1.0 or know if they might interchange?  

Well, I learned a few things in the process of getting a consistent trigger across all of my M&Ps.

First, Apex only recommends using the Heavy Duty purple sear spring with the M2.0 DCAEK. They don’t recommend using lighter weight sear springs and clearly stated that spring chart is only for the FSS kit. The explanation given to me was the sear design for the DCAEK is only meant to work with the heavy duty spring.  So, I’m not able to reduce trigger weight with a lighter sear spring.  They also refused to sell me the other sear springs. 

Second, Smith&Wesson is still using the unmarked striker for some LE guns and I apparently have one. They would not replace the striker with a “10•” one and said the only way to reduce the trigger weight was to send it to their Performance Center to make modifications. 

I ended up ordering spare M2.0 striker assemblies from Midwest Gunworks and expect that should make all three of my M&Ps triggers feel pretty much the same. 

Edited by crosseyedshooter

Disappointing S&W customer service did not send you a 10 degree striker, as they did for me when I asked for a spare. Not free but willing to accommodate. 

The chart weights are not accurate; my trigger pull weights on 2 1.0 and 1 2.0 M&Ps are in the 3.5 to 3.45 lbs. Perhaps the light polishing of sear surfaces and striker block engagement "bump" on the trigger bar had something to do with it. 

You can always try the unpainted Apex sear spring, even though Apex says it will not work, checking to see if you develope sear flutter or not.

Sounds like you have the DCAEK, which I believe only comes w a purple, heavy duty sear spring.  Pretty sure Apex will sell you an unpainted spring if you tell them you lost the one that came w the FSS kit🙃

Hope the incoming 10 degree striker provides the same trigger pull as your other 2.0s.

Mark

• 2 months later...

Does this apply to m&p shield 45 as well? I received a replacement striker assembly for my 45 shield from S&W and the one I received was not marked. 8 thousand rounds and no failure except for a weak rsa,yet..

Thanks

Steve