Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The SW Regional ICORE at Rio Salado in Mesa AZ!!

The SW Regional ICORE at Rio Salado in Mesa AZ SUCKED !!

(By sucked I mean my performance, not the match :) )

The match was well run, the stages fun and challenging, the ROs pleasant and helpful, and the guys on my squad nice to be around.

Don't let my poor performance reflect on the match in any way. The heat kicked my ass. 12 stages in the heat in one day, was just too much for me. 

Being overweight and out of shape didn't help, neither did all the mikes and no-shots, but when my front site fell out on my last stage, that was the kiss of death.

Ever try to shoot a plate rack without a front sight? Me either, I was done. It actually was laying in the start box, and was tough to get back in.

I have no idea how it fell out.

Will I be back next year? Probably not, 12 stages in one day in the AZ heat is just too much for me.

This year's match had literally half the shooters of last year's. People had lots of theories on why, but USPSA and IDPA and crushing it.

The worst theory is, there's some politics going on at the club, these guys don't like those guys...

High school drama. 

It's bad enough the anti gunners don't like us, but now we're fighting with ourselves? If you didn't shoot didn't due to some petty squabbles, you're part of the problem.

We started shooting at 7:00 ( well Matt showed up at 7:15 :)) and were done at 2:00.

I waited around until 3:00, but then left before the awards and prize table.

Any whom, here are the stage videos.

Edited by jhgtyre
C'mon, you know why

I am not sure this is an appropriate thread title.  If someone does not read into the thread they would think the match sucked.  Not sure if that is fair to the Match and the Match director, and those who worked the match.  

5 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

I am not sure this is an appropriate thread title.  If someone does not read into the thread they would think the match sucked.  Not sure if that is fair to the Match and the Match director, and those who worked the match.  

Ask your grandkids how clickbait works :)

Edited by ysrracer
Bb

Ask the Match Director and the staff if they feel that headline is fair.  

Trust me, I know exactly what you were doing.  

Frankly its a crappy headline and if I were the MD or the staff I would not be too happy because you couldn't shoot you decided to make a clicky headline that make their match sound like it was crap.

Pretty dumb.

6 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

Ask the Match Director and the staff if they feel that headline is fair.  

Trust me, I know exactly what you were doing.  

Frankly its a crappy headline and if I were the MD or the staff I would not be too happy because you couldn't shoot you decided to make a clicky headline that make their match sound like it was crap.

Pretty dumb.

Hey grumpa, the second line of my post literally says

"By sucked I mean my performance, not the match".

Have you ever considered shooting trap? You'd fit right in :)

17 minutes ago, ysrracer said:

Hey grumpa, the second line of my post literally says

That would be fine if it was in the title of the thread, but its not.

Again pretty dumb.  But hey for those that  put on the match may not be pissed about the headline of the thread.  I know I would be. 

Have you ever been a match director?

32 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

Pretty IRONIC coming from an ICORE Revo shooter.

Why is that? ICORE shooters are old men, trap shooters are grumpy old men :)

I went to the match, I paid my money, I supported them, I told my friends how much fun I had, and I posted videos of the stages.

You ?