Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which scope base on Kidd receiver?

lgh

For anyone running a RDS on a Kidd receiver. Which scope base do you use for shooting inside 50yds? With a Vortex Venom elevation maxed out, the rifle still shoots too low with the zero MOA scope base.

15 minutes ago, revolver45 said:

I use the Kidd top rail he supplies on the rifle

He sends the receiver out with a zero MOA base. That SHOULD  work for distances in SC. And I've never had any problems with a Venom on OEM receiver. I'm not finding anyone here or on Rimfire Central who has had a similar problem. I'm going to fiddle with the Venom elevation and windage adj. and see if they are off. If they are, that's the problem. zzt who posts here has a setup similar to mine - Briley barrel with Kidd internals - and I'll see if he weighs in on this. (Incidentally the Briley eats miniMags, Win Super X, and Federal bulk without a problem. I'll see what else I have lying around to try.)

I run an Elite Tactical left charging receiver with integral rail, so I can't help you.  You should have no problem with the zero base.  Check to see if the base is installed correctly.  Also check to see if your mount is down on the rail all the way.