Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

wrist pain

Squirrel45

Hi All, 

I get random sharp pain in my left wrist. It is near the 'bottom' of the wrist towards the pinky finger. Its hard sometimes to even reproduce, but when it does it gets my attention. There is a sore "spot" that when I touch results in some pain but not bad.  Also I am a right handed shooter. Do any of you guys suffer from this and what can be done to alleviate the pain?

thanks 

Squirrel 

On 3/24/2022 at 5:49 PM, Squirrel45 said:

Hi All, 

I get random sharp pain in my left wrist. It is near the 'bottom' of the wrist towards the pinky finger. Its hard sometimes to even reproduce, but when it does it gets my attention. There is a sore "spot" that when I touch results in some pain but not bad.  Also I am a right handed shooter. Do any of you guys suffer from this and what can be done to alleviate the pain?

thanks 

Squirrel 

SQ:

Nerve impingement is my guess.

Pain means stop doing that movement so what ever move you are doing to cause pain needs to stop.

I would try a topical pain killer too.  Some of the ones that use hemp oil are actually pretty good but also expensive.

If the pain doesn't want to quit in a week or so, see a Physical Therapist.

GG

The correct answer has already been said, if it continues to bother you for more than a few weeks consult a physician for a possible PT referral. 

That being said, many shooters experience tendonitis from overtraining. I'm not saying thats what it is, but If you're doing a lot of live fire, dry fire, or weight training etc you may causing irritation there. If thats the case, chill out for a while and see if you get any improvement. 

I think I figured it, to much reloading. That repetitive motion was doing it. Not sure why it effected me this time but it did. Since I have worn a brace and seems to have helped. I also have been splitting a good amount of wood lately too... 🙄

Funny you mentioned pcc, I'm going to branch out into rfpo and pcco in the next few weeks 

Thanks for the feedback 

Squirrel

in addition to taking some painkillers I recommend the following.

1. Use to foam roller to roll out the larger muscles and work your shoulder into the foam roller to try to get as much of the tightness and knots out.

2. Get a Pso-Spine and use it to release the tight areas along your erector muscles (the muscles that run along your spine).

3. If this is too much, use a lacrosse ball or a tennis ball to work out the tight spots along your upper shoulder and spine area.  

Edited by Kwontanamo