Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need help installing Henning Mag extensions....

rbx

I purchased these (Henning Group Magazine Extension for CZ 75, Shadow 2 & Dan Wesson DWX Compact) part number H141-MC17 and am trying to install them on my new Shadow 2 stock Mags and they don't seem to fit.  Are these the wrong ones? What am I doing wrong?

Help is appreciated

LOL

1) Take the Stk mag apart.

2) Slide the new extension in place to make sure it locks in place.

3) If it locks in place, re assemble but DO NOT use the spring stop that was in the rear of the original mag.

4) If it does not lock in place, place on a padded desk or the likes and then with a rubber mallet or simular, pound the back of the extension the slightest to make it set.

5) Test and put back together.

Hope this helps.

if you need to beat it on with a mallet, good luck getting it off at a match to clean a dirty mag. BTDT

i chose to run a small screwdriver in the slot inside the basepads to debur/clean them out, then verify the mag lips at the base are straight/flat and fix if needed, and then when required run the mags over some fine grit sand paper until the bases go on easy. 

I talked with Henning and he told me that he has heard that some of the extensions will not lock due to being 1 or 2 thousands of an inch off.  The tap of the mallet once or twice corrects the issue and the mag extensions stay in place and come off when you want them to.  I was very impressed that Henning called me back within 1 hour to assist me.