Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide racker for shadow 2 slide

sandflea316

• 5 months later...
On 3/15/2022 at 3:33 PM, sandflea316 said:

Does anyone know of a slide racker that replaces the shadow 2 rear sight?

I thought the Armory Craft one would fit but on their website it says it will not fit.

Looking to build an open gun using a shadow 2 slide

I designed one, it's on thingyverse. I run it on my shadow 2 open

I question the need for a racker.  Only one of my last five Open guns has one.  It is the last one I built as a backup.  I decided to try one.  IMO, it takes more effort and is slower than just grabbing the rear of the slide.  The only time it is an advantage is on a table start if you don't have a thumb rest installed.

On 8/18/2022 at 10:00 PM, zzt said:

I question the need for a racker.  Only one of my last five Open guns has one.  It is the last one I built as a backup.  I decided to try one.  IMO, it takes more effort and is slower than just grabbing the rear of the slide.  The only time it is an advantage is on a table start if you don't have a thumb rest installed.

In general you are right perhaps, but specifically regarding my gun you are wrong. My slide lacks serrations due to being fully milled to remove weight.

I can definitely see a use for a racker.

On 8/18/2022 at 4:00 PM, zzt said:

I mean, good for you. OP didn't ask if a slide racker was needed. He asked about one that fit his gun.