Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Follower Sticking .40

cottyw

question,do you need all 19 rds,if not try only loadign 18 or 17.

Are the base pads plus #of rds?

It could have something to do with your basepads,try putting the factory pads back on and see if the problem goes away,if not then its not the pads,if so ,check out your lighting base pads to see if their is any trash ,or burrs in them!

Just a couple of things to try,hope I was of some help.

Jeff

question,do you need all 19 rds,if not try only loadign 18 or 17.

Are the base pads plus #of rds?

It could have something to do with your basepads,try putting the factory pads back on and see if the problem goes away,if not then its not the pads,if so ,check out your lighting base pads to see if their is any trash ,or burrs in them!

Just a couple of things to try,hope I was of some help.

Jeff

Edited by ghost21

Guys,

Thanks for all the help.

The magazine extensions are Lightning Strike +5 140mm Pads. I am not sure if that means +5 for .40 also…I think not. I believe that the problem is the follower going from a tilted position to a flattened position with all the rounds in the mag. I will do what the doctor recommends and stop doing what hurts (only 18 or less in the tube). I ordered some Novak +1 followers and some Dawson floor plates and we will see how they work. I do wish someone would sell all the followers, springs and floor plates from the same shipping address.

Will

B)

When I switched the entire setup over to my scherer tubes, they work great. I only get 18 rounds but the follower will not snag or stick. Most of the time when it sticks is when I drive the magazine into the well really hard.

Flex,

What tubes and springs do you use?

Will

Flex,

What tubes and springs do you use?

Tubes - Drop-free (FML), but not the new tapered tubes that come with the #6 follower

Pad - Dawson 140mm base pad

Spring - been using the one that comes with the Dawson pad, which ought to be a Wolff +10%

Follower - NHO +1 follower

Those will run 20 +1

But, I haven't done much testing, so don't read too much into my setup.