Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

upgrade on x5 legion P320 trigger for production division

jimbullet

I have been reading a lot about different competition trigger systems for the P320 x5 legion that reduces the trigger pull but so far I have not seen one that can easily reach the minimum 3 pound pull needed for IPSC production shooting. Has anyone had success on aftermarket parts to get the trigger to 3 pounds but not lower than that?

Grayguns seems to be a nice option but the issue is that trigger pull goes down to 2 1/2 pounds which is not production legal. 

Any help/ input would be appreciated

I run an Apex straight trigger set and get +/-  under 2 kg not trigger pull tested but an agricultural 2 litre bottle of water, will use a trigger pull gauge at some point but I know its above the minimum. 

I suddenly had a couple of thoughts and not sure if these work:

1. I found a Max Mitchell competition spring set for the p320 which has reduced power springs. Anyone use this and how was the trigger pull weight?

2. The other thought is - I believe there are two sear springs. What happens if I remove one of them, that should reduce the tension enough to reduce the trigger pull weight right? Anyone tried this?

Terrydoc, appreciate your inputs earlier. I'm using mine for competition and wanting to get really close the 3 pounds if I can without going lower.

On my P320 compact (carry gun) I used the sear from the GG kit and used the stock trigger return and sear springs.

That gave me approximately a 3.5 pound pull.

2 hours ago, ddc said:

On my P320 compact (carry gun) I used the sear from the GG kit and used the stock trigger return and sear springs.

Out of curiosity, did you by any chance try one stock and one reduced sear spring (as there are two of them)? Did you get lower than 3.5 lb (say 3lb)?

With your current set up, is there any noticeable creep or is it a crisp break?

7 hours ago, terrydoc said:

I'm running mine in IPSC PODL

Thanks - I'm just after a little bit lighter coz 2kg is roughly 4 lbs and I'm hoping to get really near a 1911 trigger break, which I know is not going to be exactly but make it close enough.

10 hours ago, jimbullet said:

Out of curiosity, did you by any chance try one stock and one reduced sear spring (as there are two of them)? Did you get lower than 3.5 lb (say 3lb)?

With your current set up, is there any noticeable creep or is it a crisp break?

I did not try mixing sear springs.

Crisp break? In your other post you mentioned a "1911 trigger break". 

I think it is pretty good for a striker fired gun but it is not a 1911 trigger by any stretch.

I think you'd have to get a gunsmith familiar with 320's to get closer to that.

I've heard good things about Robert Burke, AKA "the SIg Armorer", but have no personal experience.

On 3/6/2022 at 6:04 AM, ddc said:

Forgot to ask, any reason you didnt use the reduced sear springs in this instance?

6 minutes ago, jimbullet said:

Forgot to ask, any reason you didnt use the reduced sear springs in this instance?

It is a carry gun, not a competition gun. I didn't put it in to lower the trigger pull although it did by about a pound.

I have the full GG kit in my competition guns. (X5's).

I didn't like the break with the stock sear. It had a glitchy two stage kind of break.

I had an extra GG sear so I tried that and it fixed the break.

The fact that it ended up at around 3.5 pounds was not intentional; just a by product of the better sear.