Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Announcement from IPSC Executive Council

Schutzenmeister

IPSC Announcement – Decisions of the Extraordinary Executive Council Meeting

by IPSCWorld | Feb 28, 2022 | GAISF, News and Announcements, President's Newsletter, World Shoot

Spanish version is below.

Dear IPSC family,

We condemn the breach of peace committed by the Russian government.

At this morning’s extraordinary Executive Council Meeting the following actions were decided:

1) That the 2023 Action Air World Shoot scheduled for Sochi, Russia is cancelled.

2) That all future international matches (Level III and above) scheduled in Russia have been cancelled and have their sanctioning removed.

Best regards,

Vitaly Kryuchin
IPSC President
ipsc.org

ESPAÑOL

Querida familia IPSC,

Condenamos la ruptura de la paz cometida por el gobierno Ruso.

En la reunión extraordinaria del Consejo Ejecutivo de esta mañana se decidieron las siguientes acciones:

1) See cancela el Action Air World Shoot 2023 programado para Sochi, Rusia.

2) Todas las competencias internacionales futuras (Nivel III y superior) programadas en Rusia han sido canceladas y se les ha quitado la sanción

Best regards,

Vitaly Kryuchin
IPSC President
ipsc.org

Administrators ... Wasn't sure if this was the best area to post this, but it seemed appropriate.  If you wish to lock it to comments I understand.

USPSA sent me an e-mail last night with the schedule and a "do you still want in?" note.

This is a copy of the schedule they sent: https://2021hws.worldshoot.org/updated-match-calendar-for-2022/  The other post there is the current entry requirements for Thailand

They did have plans and a schedule for 2021 as well, but IMO this year is more likely to happen.  "For-sure?"  eeeh... 

2 hours ago, shred said:

USPSA sent me an e-mail last night with the schedule and a "do you still want in?" note.

This is a copy of the schedule they sent: https://2021hws.worldshoot.org/updated-match-calendar-for-2022/  The other post there is the current entry requirements for Thailand

They did have plans and a schedule for 2021 as well, but IMO this year is more likely to happen.  "For-sure?"  eeeh... 

I would look closely at the "medical insurance" provision (#4) on the Thai list!

FWIW, I'm not aware of any discussion to cancel/postpone the WS at this time.  HOWEVER - What is past is prologue.  It all depends on the virus and travel restrictions (based on Covid or other issues ...)  JMHO

Addendum ... The call up for IROA Officials for the Pan American only just went out a few days ago.  I haven't yet seen the call up for the WS, but I would expect to see in in the next 4-6 weeks.

Edited by Schutzenmeister

Updated announcement from the IPSC Executive Council

IPSC Official Statement

by IPSCWorld | Mar 3, 2022 | News and Announcements

Spanish version is below.

IPSC Official Statement

Following the decision of the IOC, the IPSC Executive Council decided at the meeting in IWA Exhibition to further extend sanctions so that neither athletes nor Range Officers from IPSC Russia and IPSC Belarus will be allowed to take part in any IPSC Level III to V matches.

This decision entered into force at 15:00 CET on March 3, 2022, and it is valid until further notice.

ESPAÑOL

Declaración Oficial de IPSC

Tras la decisión del COI, el Consejo Ejecutivo de IPSC decidió en la reunión en la Exposición IWA extender aún más las sanciones para que ni los atletas ni los Árbitros de campo de IPSC Rusia e IPSC Bielorrusia puedan participar en ningún partido de IPSC Nivel III a V.

Esta decisión entró en vigor a las 15:00 CET del 3 de marzo de 2022 y es válida hasta nuevo aviso.