Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Front Sights

262alcante

Im shooting a stock CZ 75B s/a in IDPA.Thinking about changing front sight with Fiber Optic one.As far as thickness of the sight blade what is more preferred by shooters .A thicker blade or thinner one.I know there are other concerns shooters eye sight etc.I have average corrected sight for my age ,no Progressives.

I shot a standard fiber optic sight for years, changed recently to a plain, but thinner front sight which allows more light through the rear sight notch, and it was a huge improvement for me! My front sight is 2.7mm wide now.

1 hour ago, 262alcante said:

Im shooting a stock CZ 75B s/a in IDPA.Thinking about changing front sight with Fiber Optic one.As far as thickness of the sight blade what is more preferred by shooters .A thicker blade or thinner one.I know there are other concerns shooters eye sight etc.I have average corrected sight for my age ,no Progressives.

Fiber Optics is a good way to go. The Cajun Gun Works EZD940 Fiber Optic Set is a good set to get. Haven't had to buy another EZD set in awhile, but the set I received a while back was made by Dawson Precision, and Cajun Gun Works might have their sights still be made by them.

For action shooting most (but not all) prefer a thinner front sight the reason given is faster sighting of "good enough" sight picture.  YMMV

Try it and see if it works for you.  I just changed my front sight on my S2O to a thinner sight but have not had a chance to shoot it in competition.

Edited by Tunachaser

On 2/23/2022 at 8:34 AM, Tunachaser said:

For action shooting most (but not all) prefer a thinner front sight the reason given is faster sighting of "good enough" sight picture.  YMMV

Try it and see if it works for you.  I just changed my front sight on my S2O to a thinner sight but have not had a chance to shoot it in competition.

Interested to hear how that goes for you - I tried out a thinner front sight, but didn't really develop a preference one way or the other.

Interested in seeing if a thicker fiber optic (1.5mm) makes a difference for me though.