Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TSO Brass Bogies grips

CC3D

I've had my eye on the LOK "CZ Thin Brass w G10 Bogies Insert" grips for my TSO for some time. They're very pricy compared to other grips by LOK so I want to make sure they're worth it before making the purchase. Does anyone have experience with these specific grips (maybe on a TSO specifically)? How does the G10 insert hold up over time, is it just glued in there or secured some other way? Am I giving up some of the grippyness of the regular bogies by going with these? Any help is appreciated. 

Also I'm having a hell of a time finding a decent picture of a TSO with these grips on. If anyone is running these please send me a picture! 

I have found that G10 wears down fairly quickly. A fresh pair of Log Bogies is the closest thing I have felt to an aggressive steel 2011 grip, but after a couple months of regular dryfire the points round and they are much less aggressive. They still provide a decent texture, it's just something to be mindful of if you are getting the brass + bogie insert ones because they use a non-aggressive texturing for the brass portion. I have found the aggressive brass ones hold up better over time; they aren't as good as fresh bogies but they are better than worn down bogies. 

Dang, I didn't even think about that possibility. That makes me wonder if these inserts for the grips is question are removable, and if so, replaceable. That way if the g10 starts to wear down you could pop in a fresh one and move on. I'm going to reach out to LOK tomorrow to see if that function exists. 

Quick update, I heard back from LOK about the grips today. The insert is not removable and therefore not replaceable. Unfortunate but I am still interested in these grips if anyone has experience with them and can speak to their merits. 

I'm also interested in a pair of these for one of my 75b SA builds. I want to do a brass theme but didn't want an all-brass grip and I found these on Loks website. It's always good to get some info before you make such an expensive purchase.

On 2/21/2022 at 5:23 PM, CC3D said:

I've had my eye on the LOK "CZ Thin Brass w G10 Bogies Insert" grips for my TSO for some time. They're very pricy compared to other grips by LOK so I want to make sure they're worth it before making the purchase. Does anyone have experience with these specific grips (maybe on a TSO specifically)? How does the G10 insert hold up over time, is it just glued in there or secured some other way? Am I giving up some of the grippyness of the regular bogies by going with these? Any help is appreciated. 

Also I'm having a hell of a time finding a decent picture of a TSO with these grips on. If anyone is running these please send me a picture! 

I didn't read the entire thread, but i didnt see any pics, so here are mine on my S2. I think that they are the same on the TS but not 100%

I may be putting them up on the classifieds soon.

Brass Grip 1.JPG

Brass Grip 3.JPG

Brass Grip 2.JPG

Brass Grip 4.JPG

Thank you! They look slick on the S2 for sure! They may fit on the TS, but I know they sell a shorter length one to accommodate the magwell. So the S2 ones would likely need some modification there. 

Why are you considering selling? 

I feel like it ends up heavier than it needs to be for optimal use.

just with the thin aluminum grips, and a good grip, it shoots really flat. 

And, for me, though i have large hands but have shorter thumbs and it makes the grip a little wide for getting to the mag release with out readjusting my grip.