Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Changeover from 9mm to .38 super complete

gnappi

Tuesday I got the super barrel from EAA (looks like they still have some parts to sell) for the Match, and today it's in and ready for shooting.

I had to make some aluminum vise jaws for my drill press vise, and find and dig out the diamond file set because the steel files weren't denting the barrel hood which was ~.011" too proud.  In less than 15 minutes of careful filing, it dropped right in. A quick swab with Dykem showed no other areas needing adjustment.

I know it's not often heard here, but thanks EAA for the help. 

tanfoglio_barrel_fitting1.jpg

1 hour ago, himurax13 said:

EAA has never had anything I needed or wanted in stock.

Really? Wow! I bought much of my Tanfo stuff there.  Complete uppers, barrels, springs, sights, and mags. 

Their failing for me was grips and magwells which I had to look elsewhere for.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2022 at 4:00 PM, gnappi said:

Really? Wow! I bought much of my Tanfo stuff there.  Complete uppers, barrels, springs, sights, and mags. 

Their failing for me was grips and magwells which I had to look elsewhere for.

What year did this take place? I tried to purchase slides and barrels from EAA between 2012 to 2019 and they never had anything I wanted in stock. Luckily I found some used items in the classifieds over the years.

Edited by himurax13

On 2/11/2022 at 1:22 PM, himurax13 said:

What year did this take place? I tried to purchase slides and barrels from EAA between 2012 to 2019 and they never had anything I wanted in stock. Luckily I found some used items in the classifieds over the years.

The slides, barrels,  and mags I bought up to last year (2021) when EAA seemed to back off of Tanfo stuff. This year I got a .38 Super barrel for my Match.

Edited by gnappi

On 2/13/2022 at 8:27 AM, gnappi said:

The slides, barrels,  and mags I bought up to last year (2021) when EAA seemed to back off of Tanfo stuff. This year I got a .38 Super barrel for my Match.

Interesting. I called mid last year and they still didn't have anything and I was unable to look up anything Tanfo related on my phone.

On 2/15/2022 at 11:22 AM, himurax13 said:

Interesting. I called mid last year and they still didn't have anything and I was unable to look up anything Tanfo related on my phone.

I recently purchased some parts from EAA. I could not find them on the website, so I submitted the parts request form from the website and had a response with the price the next day.

1 minute ago, Rugbyrat said:

I recently purchased some parts from EAA. I could not find them on the website, so I submitted the parts request form from the website and had a response with the price the next day.

Good to know.