Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Armanov 9mm Ammo Checker Review

erwos

https://thehebrewhammer.net/2022/01/26/armanov-ammo-checker-bundle-3-in-1-review-9mm/

I ran into these dudes from Armanov at SHOT, they seemed cool, and had a coupon (lol), so I bought some stuff from them including the ammo checker bundle. I think I saw some critique on Amazon that these had some machining errors in the past, but the one I got was seemingly perfect. You probably want to buy from their website and not Amazon, the website prices seem a lot more reasonable even with shipping from Slovenia.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one as well and found it to be very accurate and consistent from one "hole" to the other.  The Armanov actually gages a little tighter than my Wilson gage, but just barely.  If they drop into the Armanov, they will definitely drop into and out of the Wilson.  Every batch of 100 goes into the Armanov for me.  I get maybe 1 in 100 that don't gage properly, usually due to a rim bur or something.  I just set those aside for practice only.

I would recommend it, but it is a little expensive.  I also like the stamped steel template for using a marker to mark the backs of the cases while they are in the gage.

Mike