Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bul SAS frame cut for STI 2011 mags?

DownUnder

Does anyone have pics if they cut/filed their Bul frame to fit STI 2011 mags?

Some of my mags go in fine, others catch a bit. Wiggling some of the mags gets the feed lip edge past where it catches on the frame.  It looks like I could adapt the mag feed lips, but I am reluctant to do this when the mags are working 100% in STI/SVI frames.

If it is a minor change/angle to the lower edge of the frame that may be the way to go. Exploring options at this point and some images would assist.

Thanks

20 hours ago, DownUnder said:

Does anyone have pics if they cut/filed their Bul frame to fit STI 2011 mags?

Some of my mags go in fine, others catch a bit. Wiggling some of the mags gets the feed lip edge past where it catches on the frame.  It looks like I could adapt the mag feed lips, but I am reluctant to do this when the mags are working 100% in STI/SVI frames.

If it is a minor change/angle to the lower edge of the frame that may be the way to go. Exploring options at this point and some images would assist.

Thanks

I have two BUL 2011s cut to accept STI style 2011 mags. It's pretty simple. Basicly we measured a standard 2011 frame, cheely, and cut the BUL frame to those dimensions. So instead of having full rails for the slide it now look exactly like a standard 2011 frame where the section above the mag opening is. You probably can get away with just opening that area between the rails some with out cutting the sections of the rails out but we didn't try. I'll see if I can get a pic to post. 

7 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

This is a BUL 2011 commander frame that we also milled to accept standard 2011 grips and installed a cheely grip on. Prasky Gunworks did all the work. 

20211222_021150.jpg

i don't think that u need to cut rails like in STI  for this. it  can weaken this  type of  frame .