Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which 4.7 barrel for a standard 4.7 slide?

tk4

I was reading up on all the Legion accuracy issues.  I need a barrel for a standard 4.7 slide.  I was just going to pick up a stock sig barrel for about $140, but I am wondering if I need something else to get good accuracy.  I will be shooting bear creek coated 135s with csb1.  I have tons of both.  

Any suggestions on which barrel?

I've had Legion accuracy issues, not so with the full size.  I will probably end up getting rid of my Legion and going strictly FS (if I stay with Sig).

Bar-Sto seems to be the gold standard and someone reported on another thread that they offer much better chamber support.  I haven't seen to many other reports on other barrels.  I wish there were.  Doing a search a couple of weeks ago, it seems to be very hard to find any in stock.  Many places have the 3.6 and 3.9 inch barrels but not the 4.7.  As far as what I found in stock, it seemed that it was Bar-Sto, Faxon and The Glock Store. Someone stated in another thread that Zev barrels were just milled Sig barrels.  Not sure if any of this helps but its the only input I have right now.

Edited by Nuncles
additional info

50 minutes ago, Nuncles said:

I've had Legion accuracy issues, not so with the full size.  I will probably end up getting rid of my Legion and going strictly FS (if I stay with Sig).

Bar-Sto seems to be the gold standard and someone reported on another thread that they offer much better chamber support.  I haven't seen to many other reports on other barrels.  I wish there were.  Doing a search a couple of weeks ago, it seems to be very hard to find any in stock.  Many places have the 3.6 and 3.9 inch barrels but not the 4.7.  As far as what I found in stock, it seemed that it was Bar-Sto, Faxon and The Glock Store. Someone stated in another thread that Zev barrels were just milled Sig barrels.  Not sure if any of this helps but its the only input I have right now.

With the full size would I likely get acceptable accuracy with a drop in Sig factory barrel?  With 135 coated down around minor pf.

8 hours ago, tk4 said:

With the full size would I likely get acceptable accuracy with a drop in Sig factory barrel?  With 135 coated down around minor pf.

My full size has acceptable accuracy.  I cannot guarantee all full size barrels are the same.  I just haven't heard any complaints about them like the Legions.