Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Don't get me started on Pro athletes...the ones that play basketball , football, baseball and the like are just big vastly overpaid whining babies that for the most part are uneducated, conceited, arrogant, and very spoiled, usually have a police record, mulitple children with multiple women they have never married and who do not support those children...Not exactly poster material for male Role Model of the Year...

I could be wrong here, ....but I don't really think so...and while it is impressive to watch some 7 foot tall idiot throw a ball through a hoop from over 60 feet, he probably cannot tie his own shoes, know how to change the washers in his mom's bathroom sink, nor can he probably tell you the chemical formula for common table salt...I rest my case.... :angry:

Don't get me started on Pro athletes...the ones that play basketball , football, baseball and the like are just big vastly overpaid whining babies that for the most part are uneducated, conceited, arrogant, and very spoiled, usually have a police record, mulitple children with multiple women they have never married and who do not support those children...Not exactly poster material for male Role Model of the Year...

I could be wrong here, ....but I don't really think so...and while it is impressive to watch some 7 foot tall idiot throw a ball through a hoop from over 60 feet, he probably cannot tie his own shoes, know how to change the washers in his mom's bathroom sink, nor can he probably tell you the chemical formula for common table salt...I rest my case.... :angry:

:lol: you made my day TL. And to top it off, that clip is fake.

Seems like you don't like basketball or pro athletes in general.

I would say that there are alot of overpaid whining people who are not pro players but just the normal everyday citizen who are overpaid whining babies who for the most part are uneducated, conceited, arrogant, spoiled, and have police records and have sex with many different women and have children by different women, etc. etc.

You can't say that they are bad people. They shouldn't be role models to kids anyways because parents should be the role model to their children. Sorry for the tangent but I had to say that.

Break

Jake, how is the quest for the sub 3 El Prez coming along? Can't wait to see it.

If they are overpaid whining babies who are uneducated, conceited, arrogant, spoiled, have a police record and have mulitple children with multiple women and they do not support those children, you can bet your last dollar I most certainly CAN AND DO say they are BAD people...I don't know where your were raised but where I come from that warrants having someone take them out behind the barn and really kick their

A**....again, I am sure that is not politically correct, but then neither am I, so there you have it Glock 17w....

And here is another Tightloop truism, if it is TRUE, you don't have to apologize for saying it..

Break;

I feel the sub 3.0 is on the near term horizon for Jake...he has the tools and the drive...it won't be long now.. :D;)

If they are overpaid whining babies who are uneducated, conceited, arrogant, spoiled, have a police record and have mulitple children with multiple women and they do not support those children, you can bet your last dollar I most certainly CAN AND DO say they are BAD people...I don't know where your were raised but where I come from that warrants having someone take them out behind the barn and really kick their

A**....again, I am sure that is not politically correct, but then neither am I, so there you have it Glock 17w....

I can't speak for Glock17W, but from my perspective, I get uncomfortable when people apply a general observation and truth to the specific.

We can all agree it's the rare figure in the Entertainment Industry that would be chosen as a role model - from Ty Cobb, to Axel Rose, to Sinatra, Kobe Bryant, "Leo" DiCaprio, etc., etc., back to the freakin' court jesters who were running about screwing like bunnies. :)

So it becomes, "Pro atheletes are a bunch of....Movie stars are a bunch of....Rock stars are a bunch of....Politicians are a bunch of....," and the observation is really meaningless, unless you choose to explicitly apply it to a single segment/race.

I can (mostly) appreciate the deed/art/action, and ignore the person.

I will respect a sub-3 El Pres, by Jake, even if leaves a trail of paternity suits, and disorderly conduct arrests in his wake.

Thinking about this, Tonya Harding was probably a bit over the edge, however. Is she really "the Pride of the Northwest?"

I just do not understand where all the adoration comes from.....Appreciating athletic skills is hard for me if the guy who has those skills is the bane of humankind, and having him around is like trying to swim in a strait jacket...Like Spreewell and two dozen other basketball players, like Barry Bonds and three dozen other steroid using ball players...the list goes on for a long time...

I don;t like Tiger Woods, cause I would rather someone else would win, but he is a decent person and not a determent to his sport.....I think John Force is a show off and arrogant, but he is a heck of a promoter for drag racing and probably a good guy...I could go on but why...

It just bothers me that when the Texans and the Rockets wanted a new stadium, there had to be a bond issue to pay for them....Hell, when Exxon wants a new building, they pay for it themselves, why is it different with sports teams....and NOONE should be paid to wear a certain kind of shoe...for Heaven sake...

And athe CRUSHING bottom line is that it seems like the majority of the private sector agrees with the outlandish salaries and the bond issues to finance the sports teams, cause they still buy those high priced tickets and go to the games even if they can't pay their phone bill or their rent...do you think Roger The Dodger cares if Juan Gonzales can't pay the phone bill as long as he gets his 18 million bucks a year...I don;t think so...Do you think McClaine cares as long as the staduim is a sell out, I don't think so...same way for the Rockets, they HAD to have a new stadium or the franchise would leave town....

Tell them the same thing I phoned Bud Adams with, "....I will help you load the bus..."

Now I feel a bit better...but it is still a thorn in my side...

I can agree with Boo Radley on this. The point I was getting at was it is hard to make generalizations on groups of people. A.C. Green who played for the Los Angeles Lakers in the 80s and 90s was a 40 year old virgin until he married in 2002 and devouted Christian. Walter Payton who played for the Chicago Bears who opened a foundation to help needy children while he played football and a foundation to help cancer patients just before he died. That is to just name a couple. There are plenty more athletes like them. I don't have too much to say about politicians.

There are good and bad pro athletes. Their ability to do a sport should not be looked down upon. They have worked hard in becoming the best that they are. It is just shooters; we worked hard to become the best we can. As for the salaries, I would say some are overpaid and some are not. If we had a chance in making millions of dollars a year, I don't think anyone on this forum would turn it down.

I am from Tennessee by the way. Grew up with great values. But I try not to group people by what they do, look like, act like, etc. Just never been a fan of doing that. If a bad person does something bad, let it be known that he/she did something bad but don't generalize everyone around him/her as bad.

I am headed off to run 5 miles up Mount Namsan to the Seoul Tower.

TL,

You hit a sore spot with me on paying for a private organizations place of work. The Colts decided that they weren't making enough money with the stadium that they have now and so their line was build us a new one or we're leaving. (The old stadium isn't even paid for yet.) So the coward politicians caved in. Instead of telling them "Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you" and calling their bluff they raised sales tax on restaurants, rental cars, hotel rooms etc. So now if you come to Indy for a visit you to can help the Colts make more money. Heaven forbid we tax the seats in the dome. Oh no that wouldn't do. And they have to have a retractable roof even though they aren't the ones paying for it. I don't know who to hate more the Colts or the politicians that rolled over and handed this to them on a golden platter. :angry::angry:

Doug

Same way with the Astrodome...they built Reliant Stadium for the Texans and STILL OWE 80 million on the renovations done to the dome when the Oilers played there....I don;t know what to think anymore...Yet the new stadium was up in record time....Damn!!!!!

The bag thing is the Colts fans keep going to the games and paying high ticket prices, parking prices, and food prices. I would love to see every fan "hold out" and not go to the games until the ticket prices came down and the pro's were paid what they are worth.

Oh Man! now I feal realy bad becuse I don't remeber the chemical formula for tabel salt.? ? is it close to the same as counter salt? , or oven salt? please dont get mad at me too :wacko:

NaCl - Sodium Chloride - table salt

KCl is another salt. Potasium Chloride - Used in water softeners. Reacts with the calcium and magnesium in hard water. after reaction, you have soft water full of potasium.

Break

I would be pissed off as well if they raised taxes to build a new stadium when there are other things that tax dollars could be going to.