Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot My First Match Today.....

1911jerry

9 mikes my first stage - felt great though....I think I was a bit nervous

Ended up in solid last place, at lease pretty sure of that, but had fun, was safe and did not get DQ'ed.

With a little more practice, I could probably move up the food chain in my area.

I love to shoot and this gets the blood moving, brain thinking and gives purpose one or two days a month.

Nice sport we have here.

Jerry

I don't know whether to givc you my congradulations or my condolences. The fun has just begun. But on the other hand it is quite addictive. If you look out of the corner of your eye, when the experenced shooters are picking up brass, you will catch them sniffing each case. No, there's no cacaine in them. But there might be just a touch of nitrates left in them.

9 mikes my first stage - felt great though....I think I was a bit nervous

Welcome to the family . . .

. . . I remember my first match . . . shot a Glock 35 . . . on my first stage I had a molasses draw and then it took me literally 1/2 an hour to find my front sight . . . then the little bugger wouldn't quit bouncing around . . .

. . . been doing it ever since (without the bouncing).

Ain't it fun! :D

Go to the Dealer's Forum here and order Steve Anderson's book on dry firing, Brian's book on the mystical (hehe) and mental aspects and a few DVDs from Matt Burkett and read and practice away. I just named a few that are represented and spoken of here. Really a huge amount of info is available if you want to learn and speed up you progression in the sport... :)

Don't forget - the FUN is the primary goal!

Don't forget - the FUN is the primary goal!

+1 Merlin!

Welcome to IPSC Anonymous Jerry!

Yeah, I remember my first match. Someone had adapted the Air Marshal's Qualifier COF into a stage. I was a new shooter and they called my name to be first to shoot (I didn't know I could ask to be put down a ways).

I arrived at the line with my Ruger KP40 and 1 magazine...for 7 strings of fire. I realized after LAMR that I only had the one magazine so had to unload and go get the rest of my mags. I was so embarassed!

I shot "okay" and once I had finished began getting a lot of good natured ribbing from the rest of the gang. That made me feel a lot better. But oh brother was I hooked.

When I started the stage I was shaking. When I finished the match I was shaking...the adrenaline rush was awesome!

Hi, my name is Kevin, I am an IPSC addict....and steel....and 3-gun.... :D

I too was nervous as hell at first match. Was shooting Production at the time with Glock 34. Signed in, introduced myself as a new shooter, and they assigned me a "vet" to help me around.

Go to first stage and what do I see? First match........first stage......from the box, something they said was called a Texas Star! Geez, what a place to start. Made it through pretty well and have been enjoying the sport ever since.