Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hampton Roads ICORE Championship (Club Championship Level Match)

Hey folks,

I've been running club matches at the newest and only Virginia ICORE club. We are hosting our first annual championship match. We're stuck shooting indoors so don't expect the IRC, but entry is cheap (35 bucks). Additionally, ICORE has offered to give 1 dollar memberships for all new ICORE members for the first year of their active membership if they sign up during or after this match. See below for our match bulletin.

----

Dust off your wheelguns and join us on Sunday, November 21 for the 2021 Hampton Roads Revolver Championship. This is a sanctioned, revolver action shooting match for the International Confederation of Revolver Enthusiasts. Membership in ICORE is NOT required, and all interested competitors will receive their annual membership to ICORE for only $1.00 (normally $30 for the first year). Competitors will shoot roughly 180 rounds over the course of 6 stages. First time competitor? Need equipment? No problem! Fellow LGC members will have equipment for you to borrow. Almost any revolver can be used in this format! To register, sign up on Practiscore.   

REGISTER HERE: https://practiscore.com/lgc-icore-10-31-2021/register  

Date: Sunday, November 21    Check in begins 0700, firing begins 0800.

Round count: 180, bring at least 200.

Divisions: All ICORE divisions and special recognition categories acknowledged.

Awards: Awards to be ordered after the match. 1st place in the Open, Limited, Classic, and Limited 6 divisions will be awarded trophies or medals. Additional awards will be given to class leaders and special recognition categories if there are 3 competitors or more in that group. For example, if there are 8 competitors in the Limited division ranked as C class, awards for 1st C Class and 2nd C class will be given. If there are four competitors shooting rimfire revolvers, an award for 1st place rimfire revolver will be given.

Prizes: Random draw prizes will be distributed.

Classification: A current ICORE classification is NOT required. One classifier will be ran during the match.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Guitarmageddon said:

practiscore showed less than 20. i see you and I are from the same neck of the woods. do you go anywhere else for icore or are you shooting uspsa? 

The closest ICORE is the one up in Philly, until they did that one in Hampton Roads. I was going to start an ICORe shoot at Fairfax Rod and Gun, but decided they’re wouldn’t be much interest. I shoot revolver in idpa and uspsa. 

Edited by SSGGlock

17 hours ago, SSGGlock said:

The closest ICORE is the one up in Philly, until they did that one in Hampton Roads. I was going to start an ICORe shoot at Fairfax Rod and Gun, but decided they’re wouldn’t be much interest. I shoot revolver in idpa and uspsa. 

Yea go figure. Ive shot revolver at one uspsa match, my first actually haha. But Ive decided that revolver is my steel challenge gun, but Im pursuing my CZ in production and/or limited for my uspsa journey. I want to be in the mix of things, rather than just a fringe novelty haha. Although, Ill never abandon my revolver roots entirely and keep it up for steel matches and maybe the odd one or two USPSA matches here and there, on sunday squadding or something after shooting my main gun.