Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA STK100 problems (17 Clone)

TheSouthernMarksman

I bought a RIA STK100 (Gen 3 17 clone) because I dug the lightening cuts, aluminum frame, and optics cut all from the factory. When I took it out, I had constant light strikes. Took it home and cleaned it, still constant light strikes. 

So I took my firing pin spring from my Gen 3 17 and put it in there and it solved the light strikes issue, but now there are constant FTE/double feed. 

Are these issues related? I was hoping to solve this with a 5 dollar spring instead of sending it back, but I may have to. 

• 2 months later...

I have gone through about 20-gun purchases in a year and this Rock Island STK100 has, by far, been the biggest disappointment of them all. BRAND NEW, the three flat head screws, on its left side started to unthread themselves after about 100 rounds, no Loctite on them at all, too much Loctite on the optic site cover, had to use a heat gun to get them off, magazines won't lock in without a good slam, and biggest issue, fails to eject about 40% of the time. AND , I can only get 9 rounds into the 10 round magazines, UGH! The finish looks like third world flat black house paint, and the barrel looks like Harbour Freight's $ 9.99 1000-piece socket set metal.  Nothing like a $500 paper weight and a constant reminder of my bad choice. Just have to wait 4-6 weeks for the Rock Island " gunsmith" to spray some oil on it , shoot 1 round , and proclaim it fixed.