Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat Custom

Sandro

I received quite a few compliments and questions about the pictures I posted earlier, so I wanted to answer some of the questions and also make sure I thank everybody involved in making this gun.

I want to thank Johnny for taking the time to listen to what I wanted. He made sure the gun was done the way I wanted plus he added his own stuff to it which made it better than what I expected. It has been a crazy week at work so I haven’t had chance to shoot it much, but I can tell you it is super flat and LOUD.

I also wanted to thank SVI and my buddy Leo, A.K.A L9X25- for helping in the process. Thank you Leo very much!!!

Well, it all started when I was looking for something “better”. I already had a great gun, but I didn’t know it. I bought an SVI IMM in 38 supercomp from a fellow BE member and it has been my primary open gun. The gun is super flat and never let me down. After three months or so I wanted to move to a full size gun thinking it would improve my shooting. So I ordered my second open gun from Johnny back in Jun of 05, 8 weeks later I had this masterpiece full size 38 supercomp open gun from Limcat. It was a great gun, but it was different than what I had expected. It didn’t feel right, I was concerned, so I called Johnny and explained to him the gun wasn’t what I wanted. Looking back I got hung up thinking that (equipment) would improve my game and I was now with a gun that I didn’t like much. I called Johnny and told him all that, he then said that it was not a problem to send him the gun back and he would build me a new one exactly the way I wanted. I was relieved because I felt bad for telling him that I didn’t like this gun even though it was just as good as the new one in 9mm; it just wasn’t the right gun for me.

At that time he was working on several guns so he asked me to be patient as he already committed to a large order. I had no problem with it because I had my SV gun so I waited. In the process I think we talked about this gun a dozen times over the phone and sometimes for long periods of time. So we decided that a 9mm gun would allow me to spend less money in 38 supercomp brass so I could save money to buy bullets, powder and practice more. The shorty concept was what I liked since I shot my first open gun. We then knew it was going to be a gun of similar size of my IMM with a TiN compensator. Johnny told me about the Limcat Phantera setup, he then sent me couple of pictures just make sure it was what I wanted. I thought it looked close to my SV so I gave the go ahead. Most people say he doesn’t answer his phone, well, he is busy building guns at the shop and feels that is what he needs to focus on most. He always answered my emails though, sometimes at 2:00 am. I was also lucky to talk to JJ Racaza over the phone, we talked about the guns and matches for over a ½ hour too, he is a really nice guy.

Basically if you are looking for a good custom gun call Johnny, you won’t be disappointed.

The gun-

Limcat Phantera 9X19

SVI frame with Scott grip

Limcat scope mount

C-more scope with 4 M.O.A module and Limcat knob

TiN compensator

Bar-Sto barrel with two holes

AFTEC extractor

Limcat X-tra long firing pin

Limcat Oversized firing pin stop

Wolfe 10 lbs recoil spring

Limcat magwell

Limcat extended ejector

EGW Sear

Limcat oversized pin sets

Accurail slide to frame fitting system

Serrate front and rear cocking serrations on slide

Trigger Job 1- 3/4 lbs

SVI Trigger insert

SVI magazine

1 170mm

3 140mm all with grams followers and springs

If you have any questions please PM me. I will be happy to answer any questions. I hope you all enjoy the pictures…

Sandro

sandro9mm4.jpg[/img]

sandro9mm2.jpg

sandro9mm4.jpg

The full size gun by Limcat Custom

MyIPSCGuns2.jpg

Edited by senna

Got the chance to handle Sandro's new Limcat last nite and it is NICE. Very light and yet he says it shoots flatter than his IMM - which you'd never guess by looking at the setup. Has to be all in the building of the comp, the spacing of the TJ ports and the recoil-spring & plug design.

Only things that are left to tweak are entirely the fault of SVI. As in, their trigger bows are a little too big and their newest magazines are a little too big. Little bit of red Sharpie, a little Emory cloth, and a lot of patience can cure both of those in one day's work.

Extra credit for leaving the d**n trigger-guard alone. Lets the gun point pretty well even with the flat mainspring housing. I like it.

• 2 weeks later...