Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Major Stage Design Peeve

George

I went a day early to scope out the stages in hopes of being able to do well at A2.

Now, knowing there were more than a few technically difficult stages to memorize, allowing those who are able to come early to walk the stages would have given more time to those who were not able to come early. This was evident by all the cutting in line, backtracking and blocking the way going on during the 5 minute warning with your squad on difficult stages.

I'm not use to having to be aggressive during the 5 minutes. I understand why all of the above was going on but wasn't too peeved about it since early arrivals were not allowed on the stages. :P

I'd do it again.

barry B)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think we need to be carefull how we state "Take off the time and go" ... If there is another word to describe that, please feel free to insert it.

I would agree with this. "Elitist" probably wasn't the word you were looking for... I don't think there's a single word that get's at it. I think we're on the same page, though, or at least in the same chapter :)

I have to say I like Gary's coment: If a stage takes more than 5 minutes to dope out, it may not be a great stage.

In general, I'd agree with this, too...

My comment regarding haveing all stages as Surprise was tongue in cheek.

Yeah, I know :) In a way, it's too bad it's not doable, though... it'd be the fairest approach for everyone if it was (except that those who setup and run the match couldn't shoot it...).