Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pull weight with Timney Trigger on G19

nunya

The device functions fine but the pull weight measures out to 3.5lbs.  This is a reduction from the 4.5lbs or so before I moved from OEM to a 4lb striker spring and OEM to a minus connector.

I've polished here and there and lubricated where needed.  How can I get the pull weight lower at this point?  I can't identify any burrs or dragging points causing this...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, ShooterMcgeez said:

I'm running a 5lb striker spring, reduced power safety spring, minus connector and I am getting a sub 2lb pull - g19.5 with about 6000 rounds through it prior to adding a timney.

Make sure you grease where there is friction (connector etc).

If you run a Stock 5.5 lb spring, will it make the Trigger pull 1/2 lb harder ?    If it does than ok, but if it doesn't you get another 1/2 lb hitting the primer..

On 8/30/2021 at 11:25 PM, nunya said:

The device functions fine but the pull weight measures out to 3.5lbs.  This is a reduction from the 4.5lbs or so before I moved from OEM to a 4lb striker spring and OEM to a minus connector.

I've polished here and there and lubricated where needed.  How can I get the pull weight lower at this point?  I can't identify any burrs or dragging points causing this...

If you want to get the trigger pull lighter you can take the Timney housing and take the two pins out that hold the sear in position and take the spring out of the housing and clip a couple turns off. If you take it apart check for burrs inside of the housing where the holes have been drilled through the housing. I had a housing where the sear would not move at all. Took it apart and there were some small burrs where the holes had been drilled through the housing. I used some fine grit sandpaper to clean up the burrs and put it back together and it worked fine after removing the burrs.

I also removed some metal from the end of the trigger bar where it could rub against the frame if the trigger connector pushed it out towards the frame. My trigger pull weight is currently 2.5 lbs average with a Wheeler electronic gauge.