Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Coach, Why do I shoot low and right (Lefty)?

Llando88

This journal/format isn't working out the way I thought.  I am not finding the value of documenting my efforts online to be worth the return on investment of my time.  I can do the same thing at home, privately.  So I will be discontinuing any further posts here.  I plan to rewicker my Dry Fire routine after the new books arrive, put that into practice, keep shooting matches locally, and then check-point my progress at my Tim Herron class at Homestead FL March next year. Appreciate all the inputs.

4 hours ago, waktasz said:

What indoor match are you shooting? We shoot Monday night at Take Aim Range in Sarasota. It's been a while since I've been at Ruskin but I'll have to head back there soon. 

Yes, it was at Take Aim, in September. I haven't been back, been busy with some Life Gets in The Way things.

I'll be at Ruskin again for the monthly outdoor on Sunday October 17; I'm in Squad 2.

Well since you won't be back and I won't see you for a while or ever, if I had one drill for you to do it would be the Blake Drill. Transitions are big time important 

Here's an example from the only time we've both shot a match together, WAC last October. I know it was a long time ago but the point still stands. Each of the tall spikes on the brown color is movement. The smaller spikes are transitions between targets. Notice how the blue chart transitions and splits are very similar while you can easily see on the brown graph which shots for yours are transitions. 

My splits and transitions are between 20 and 30. Your splits are around 30, pretty good, but your transitions are between .50 and .90. That really adds up. 

transitions.jpg

On 10/5/2021 at 2:04 PM, waktasz said:

Well since you won't be back and I won't see you for a while or ever, if I had one drill for you to do it would be the Blake Drill. Transitions are big time important 

Here's an example from the only time we've both shot a match together, WAC last October. I know it was a long time ago but the point still stands. Each of the tall spikes on the brown color is movement. The smaller spikes are transitions between targets. Notice how the blue chart transitions and splits are very similar while you can easily see on the brown graph which shots for yours are transitions. 

My splits and transitions are between 20 and 30. Your splits are around 30, pretty good, but your transitions are between .50 and .90. That really adds up. 

transitions.jpg

Great stuff!  Thanks for posting that.  I remember that match; it was the last one I shot in Production with my G19 before switching to the 34 and CO.  I'll definitely go find the Blake Drill and work to incorporate.  I really appreciate it.