Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz 75 Sp01 Tactical

JakeMartens

Angus, Mathew Mink made a comment recently that the gun might make the weight for SSP in the latest newest version with 3 slots cut in the light rail instead of the previously one slot and two slot models. You might want to weigh one of the newest versions and see if it makes weight. Matt Didn't say it would make weight, he did wonder if it would with the third cut.

This is cut and paste from the rule book:

"2. Stock Service Pistol Division (SSP)

Handguns permitted for use in this division must:

A. Be semi-automatic.

B. Be double action, double action only, or safe action (when the trigger is pulled, the hammer/striker is cocked and then released).

C. Be 9mm (9x19) or larger caliber.

D. Have a maximum unloaded weight of 39oz., including an empty magazine. (Will be effective January 25, 2006)"

Note that I did not copy the whole SSP section just down to the weight rule.

Rick

soneone over on CZforum weighed it at somewhere around 1163grams..

which is about 41 ounces..

still too heavy...is there any other place to get weight...grip materials?? etc.

edit: that was with mag...they had weight w/o mag at about 1080grams.

Edited by eerw

still too heavy...is there any other place to get weight...grip materials?? etc.

Is the 41 ounces with or without an empty magazine? Two ounces is going to be har to come by legally. It is too bad becasue I doubt CZ would import the Combat II just to satisfy IDPA shooters.

edit: that was with mag...they had weight w/o mag at about 1080grams.

Technically , it is legal now for SSP , but will not be after 01/25/06.

At least that is how I'm reading it.

Do you guys agree or disagree?

M

I'm with you on that one Mark. It is legal now. The implementation date has to due with the new "Stability of Firearm Criteria Rule":

Cut and paste again from the rule book:

"Stability of Firearm Criteria Rule

This rule applies to firearms only; specifically any rule change that would disallow a firearm previously approved for IDPA competition. Firearm criteria changes will only be reviewed every two (2) years. Any firearm criteria changes will go into effect twelve (12) months after approval."

That is the way I read it.

On a side note why does it seem like IDPA is dead set on deterring manufacturers from being more participatory in the shooting sports. Two great examples are the SPO1 and the Sig ST series. The manufacturer developed a product intended for more competition oriented shooters but still staying very well within the practical realm and IDPA hammers it. Do they not understand that manufacturers want to sell more/new guns and for the most part shooters want to buy them. Anyway it just makes me shake my head.

Take care, Craig

I was under the impression that the new rule book went into effect this past April and the line that was cut and pasted above was about going forward rules changes.

Doesn't make a whole heck of lot of difference to me, I only shot 1 IDPA match this year anyway and only because I did the prize table for it.

I decided that not only was it more fun to shoot IPSC matches, but USPSA at least supports the manufacturers and encourages them to create a product for it.

IDPA missed the boat there, IMO.

The IDPA weight rule in SSP was specifically designed to not allow those heavier guns because the BoD believes that it in not realistic for someone to carry them all day. Same reason they got rid of the 5inch barrel in SSR, no one would carry a 5inch revovler all day.

Anyway back on topic the SP01 will not make SSP unless it has the 3 notches on the light rail, you have to replace the heavier rubber grips with the thinner wood grips and use the standard 16round mag with standard base pads, and then it still might be too heavy.

That is the set up that needs to be put on a scale, unfortunately I don't have one. I am pretty sure the gals at the meat counter in Krogers will look at me a little funny if I ask them to weigh it for also, but I probably wouldn't have to stand in anylines anymore!!!

Yeah, I am with you, I rarely if ever shoot IDPA anymore. it just doesn't make sense, noone will carry a gun heavier than 39 oz. unless there are a CDP shooter then hey your gun doesn't get to heavy until it weighs 43 oz. Anyway, sorry for the thread drift.

I hopped in here only because I have been conversing with Matt about getting an SP01 together. I had a CZ 75 a couple of years ago. I love the cz's as they fit my hand very well but at the time I wound up selling it for another project not to mention it was difficult at best to find aftermarket parts (sights, hammers etc) or holsters for it.

Take care, Craig