Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 Xtreme

DKnoch

I only had regular stock 2’s previously, because Xtremes were expensive and still needed polishing and work.  At a Stoeger class I dryfired his Xtreme and it was nice.  Only thing he had done was swap the recoil spring if I recall correctly, and shot it a lot I’m sure.  I got one recently and it is nice.  I may drop the hammer spring weight to a 14 or 15.5 (I’m not sure what came stock in the gun though.  I’ll look that up first), but it’s a nice gun for sure.  Also put some Lok grips on it.  I got it for just a bit more than is asked for used standard Stock 2’s nowadays.   Got a Vice holster on order, but several weeks out. Had to order some 10 round mags, LF mags are hard to find, so I took what I could I get.

I sold my stock 2’s a few years ago for Shadow 2’s.  I could never transition and shoot controlled pairs with the Shadow 2 as well as I did with the Stock 2.  Shadow 2 always felt front heavy to me.  It shot well, but I preferred my Stock 2’s and regretted selling them.  I didn’t intend to sell both previously, but had two people respond to ads within a few minutes (after no response for 2 weeks before that).  So like a dummy I sold both.