Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kimber Warrior/custom Rl Vs. Springfield Operator/trp

cybrosh

I require 20 lines checkering on the front stap,so for me it would have to be the Springfield,even though the Kimber looks very attractive. If my decision could be based on looks alone probably the Warrior.As far a quality goes on both shouldnt be a issue.

Besides the low ride of the kimber which certain members of this forum detest, and the high ride which they adore, I think the real question is, if the Warrior performs admirably like the Operator/TRP. I mean...it's not a secret, and I've read plenty of complaints, from many gun owners who sent their new Kimbers back to Kimber after encountering problems(malfunctions). Also, what about the II kimber models? they have that annoying FPB that causes trouble. Is it the same on the warrior? and how about that Schwartz trigger being removed from the warrior?

Remember this is a gun that is offered to American troops-USMC, it should operate flawlessly as a glock(and I hate glocks....). From my understanding, the TRP and Operator work fine out of the box. I haven't heard much about the Warrior.

Edited by cybrosh

imo springfield makes a better gun.

another plus is they sponsor our sport alot.

cant say that about kimber..

another is the external extractor..i saw one blow off a kimber shooting factory winchester ammo...and the case head did not seperate...the pin that holds the extractor in broke.

Can't speak to the Kimber but I just got a TRP for home defense a few months ago and it's been dead reliable with anything I've thrown through it so far (500 rounds or so). No stoppages period.

Overall, a nicely built piece IMO.

The MC Operator was THE gun I wanted.

When the funds became available my gunstore

gave a SMOKING deal on the TRP Operator.

One day I will most likely end up with an MC Operator as well.

The slide to frame fit is exquisite!!!

Edited by Exiledviking

Just passed the 7000 round mark through my TRP this last weekend. No malfunctions that couldn't be attributed to ammo or being just plain filthy. The gun has been sent back four times, before the 2000 round mark, all for relatively little problems. The front sight has been replaced, the ejector pinned, the ambi-safety replaced, and the slide stop notch recut. Springfields customer service is the only reason that I still have the gun, and now I'm very happy with it. The magwell is not beveled though, just fixed that with some files recently. I haven't shot the new Warrior though I have played with a couple. The best part of the Warrior is the internal extractor, since Kimber can't seem to figure out the external one. The two I handled weren't as well fitted as the TRP, but were put together better than most. I don't think you could go wrong with either, you could have problems with both, but I would pick another TRP over the Warrior even after the experience I've had with my TRP.

Edited by knightkrawler00