Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading 9 major with titegroup.

Reloader98

2 hours ago, Reloader98 said:

Have any suggestions on good burn rate chart? 

nothing is going to be better for you than the list of powders you find above in this thread. 

one thing that you will not see looking at a burn rate chart is how much volume each of the powders in the correct burn range takes up, many of the powders that look like good ideas simply can not fit enough to make major, find one of the usual suspects and work from there, my experience has been that while standing at the bench "testing" powders I can tall the difference but running a stage I cant tell where in the mag the load changes.

Silhouette 

WAC/CFE

Win 572

HS6

AA7/SWMP

3n37

3n38

N350

Picture is 115gr loads

9majorsb-figure-4.jpg.edb92cb88366ec94e4

Edited by MikeBurgess

49 minutes ago, MikeBurgess said:

nothing is going to be better for you than the list of powders you find above in this thread. 

one thing that you will not see looking at a burn rate chart is how much volume each of the powders in the correct burn range takes up, many of the powders that look like good ideas simply can not fit enough to make major, find one of the usual suspects and work from there, my experience has been that while standing at the bench "testing" powders I can tall the difference but running a stage I cant tell where in the mag the load changes.

Silhouette 

WAC/CFE

Win 572

HS6

AA7/SWMP

3n37

3n38

N350

Picture is 115gr loads

9majorsb-figure-4.jpg.edb92cb88366ec94e4

I’ve looked at that some topic all day today, I e decided on autocomp since it’s all I could really find. The guy I bought the gun from said his load with a 124 gr JHP was 6.8-6.9 gr of autocomp. Only thing to figure out now is seating depth. What’s your take on seating depth with MG 124gr JHP in a KKM 4.25” barrel? 

45 minutes ago, BrianATL said:

I have had several Hardy guns like you have pictured 3n38 was always best for me.  Hs6 also works 

124’s with 9.2 of 3n38 or 8.2 of Hs6

Thanks for the reply Brian ATL, I’ve been hoping some other people had Hardy shorties. Have you tried autocomp in yours ? 

14 hours ago, Reloader98 said:

I’ve looked at that some topic all day today, I e decided on autocomp since it’s all I could really find. The guy I bought the gun from said his load with a 124 gr JHP was 6.8-6.9 gr of autocomp. Only thing to figure out now is seating depth. What’s your take on seating depth with MG 124gr JHP in a KKM 4.25” barrel? 

OAL or seating depth will vary with what the gun can chamber and how it feeds, most people I know running similar bullets are in the 1.15 to 1.17 range