Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Older Dillon 650 to new 750

I am part of the way reading through the Dillon 750 manual since I have had my 650's for over a decade. I will have to relearn how to setup the 750

As far as the tool heads go can I simply swap the already setup tool heads from my 650 or are there significant adjustments that need to be made.

My 9mm setup is a Lee carbide size/decap die, Redding Competition micrometer seater and Dillon crimp.  I have been using the Lee sizer because sometime ago I was told the Lee die was able to size the brass further down towards the rim than the Dillon.  I have the Dillon size/decap die packed away. 

Leave well enough alone or install the Dillon?

I ask these questions because I have only been reloading for 52 years and still have a lot to learn

Thanks

6 minutes ago, Jim Watson said:

If it is just a matter of moving the head over, leave it like you have it.

Sorry but no. Every press is different. You have to readjust your dies each time you use a different press. Even the same model. 

Safari - I stand to be corrected if I am wrong on this comment but the primary difference between the 650 and the 750 is the priming system….I, like you, have loaded for 40+ years and still load on my 650 (as well as my RL1100)….

The BEST $17.00 I ever spent was purchasing the Dillon DVD tutorial for the 650. It goes through ever aspect of setting up pistol or rifle as well as maintenance, primer system changeover and toolhead set up and adjustments…I share this with you because I would think you could use this DVD (they are still sold on line and on E-Bay) for everything EXCEPT for the primer system on your 750….I do not think Dillon made a DVD for the 750 but I could be wrong about this comment also…Good Luck Sir….Mark