Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mornings At Work

Dave Wilson

Here is a shot on my last day (er night) of a weeks worth of night shift. I was expecting fog and/or low clouds but this was our little sunrise. The best part was knowing that the clearish skys meant the helocopter was coming to get my butt home. Sadly I go through this every other week for the last 17 years. The work may not be my favorite, but the scenery is just awesome at times.

Dave Wilsonpost-5886-1131757913_thumb.jpg

The oil platform is 3.5 miles off of Vandenberg AFB, Central Coast, Republik of Kalifornia. The sunrises and sunsets from that view point are amoung the greatest I've eveer seen.

The sight on the 1911 was a new one I had bought from a guy claiming to have these really cool new clothes (he looked kinda nekid to me though and refered to himself as emperer) :-)

Ok it was there that dave learned the importance of Loc Tite... new sites, first mag, look down top of barrel and see sights dangling from the side. As I was practicing shooting the stage "Smoke and hope" I just shot without the rear sights. The targets are 18" x 24" so no big precision shooting there, and at around 14 yards I think.

An thanks for the kind words about my web site, yet another fun little diversion :-)

Dave Wilson