Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

38 Super major loads in Stock 2

Do you know if you can run 38 super major loads in a stock 2? I have a bunch of ammo left over from shooting major and was thinking about getting a Tanfoglio to burn it up. My loaded ammo is:

10.8 grain accurate #7

winchester small rifle primers 

Montana gold 115gr jhp

While I am no expert, that’s a lot of powder to be shot from an uncompensated barrel. Personally, I would remove the bullet and powder and of course reuse the powder and primers 🤓

9 minutes ago, N7VY said:

While I am no expert, that’s a lot of powder to be shot from an uncompensated barrel. Personally, I would remove the bullet and powder and of course reuse the powder and primers 🤓

I started that route but it takes quite awhile to pull bullets. Do you know of a way other than an inertia hammer or a puller with collets?

I use an inertia puller. I know that using them sucks but boy-howdy 10grains+ is quite a bit of powder. With primers what they are you could sell the ammo for the primers alone. 

Yeah, I’ve thought about trying to just sell the loaded ammo, but I think people shy away from reloads. I have about 2500-3000 rounds loaded and it isn’t worth my time on the inertia puller. Might have to try selling it I suppose 

Sell/give/swap it to someone with an open gun. It would be terrible to fire in an uncompensated stock2 and not great for the gun either. 

Pulling 3,000 rounds would suck. Find an open shooter and tell them you’ll give em the 3,000 rounds for 1500 rounds of ammo you actually want.