Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 17 And +p+ Loads ?

TBF

Easily. They only wear you may see (after thousands of rounds) is the locking block pin. This is the smaller of the two pins over the trigger. We break several of those with our Glock 22's here at work. But that's shooting just about the hottest 40 S&W available - Speer Gold Dot loaded 100 fps hotter just for the USCP.

You'll probably never see it, but you never know.

Phil

No problemo!

9x19 +P+ is not as hot as what some folks run in major 9 Glocks all the time. Without a comp though, it's gonna be a pretty snappy handfull.

You may also need a softer spring to get it to pick up a new round reliably. This let's the slide stay back a bit longer than the heavier stock spring does. Because the slide is moving back faster, it might come forward too soon to strip a round if it's not sprung lighter to delay the slide forward motion enough to allow the next round to rise into position.

The department I retired from last year has been issuing the Winchester SXT 127gr +P+ for several years and I have continued to use it in my carry gun (G17) since then. I cycle out the carry ammo by shooting it every month (3 mag's) and have never had a problem. I have about 20,000 rounds of it thru the gun.

A good friend explained to me that he once bought & used some of the 9 Major surplus ammo that some of us use in SV/STI Open guns; the ammo is the Hirtenberger L7A1 124 grn that easily makes major out of STI/SVs. The BATFE even issued warnings about this very powerful ammo.

I asked him how much ammo & what gun?

Stock Glock 17; he fired all 1200 rounds w/o a problem.

While I would not recommend nor condone such use, my friend's experience is a testament to the strength of the G17.