Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lancer Magazines and Rifle Reloading?

XrayDoc88

I was thinking about purchasing some Lancer magazines for 5.56 NATO and 300 BLK shooting.  However, I've seen just a couple comments on the internet that mentioned that the metal feed lips are pretty hard on the brass cases.  I guess they get scratched or grooved on the outside.  Is this a fact or concern for those who reload and own Lancer magazines?  Is it better to stick with PMags if you're reloading your brass?  Thanks.

I use Lancer mags and I have found that there are no issues with the metal feed lips tearing up the brass? And as a reloader I would specifically not use them if they did.  In fact I specifically use Lancers in my .458 SOCOM because they work great and don't tear up the brass.  Yes they have metal feed lips but they are finished off smooth (not just a stamped out part with a sharp raw edge) and do not even scratch the brass?    

• 3 months later...

I also use Lancers mags exclusively for all of my 300 B/O - AR’s (3 different rifles) and I have no issues with feeding, last round lock back, or brass issues….I have some 300 brass that I have loaded 4 or 5 times and have not seen anything. I inspect my 300 brass very closely to ensure I do not have split necks….Mark

• 3 months later...
On 6/22/2021 at 10:04 PM, XrayDoc88 said:

Thanks for both responses.  I have since purchased several Lancer 300 BLK mags and will get a chance to try them next week!  They've been out of stock for a long time.

The only issue I've heard of is 200+ grain bullets in non 300bo ONLY or FOR mags not feeding properly (regardless of brand).   The use of 556 mags is where the issue derived from.