Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safe Table - Ammo - DQ?

Hoops

Scenario 1.  Shooter arrives at range.  Put's on holster and inserts loaded mags into holders.  Heads to the safe table to holter pistol and practice drawing.  Did not handle mags in gun belt or any ammo in the range bag that was placed on the safe table.  DQ?

Scenario 2.  Shooter loads range bag and loaded mags onto his cart.  Loads cased carbine and pushs cart over to the safe table.  Uncases carbine, tests bolt, red dot, inserts flag and secures carbine in the cart.  Did not handle any ammo or mags while at the safe table.  DQ?

I thought I have read in the SCSA rules that as long as a magazine was not removed from a belt mag holder or removed from a range bag at the safe table, these two scenario's are not "ammo handling" or violating the "no ammo" at safe table thus not a DQ.  But I could not find the language to that effect today so I thought I would toss it out.  What I am interested in is not what might be a "local range rule" but what is the SCSA rule and definition for DQ.  

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, ZackJones said:

No DQ in either scenario. The competitor did not handle the loaded magazine. In the New SCSA rules see 10.3.10

Thank you Zack.

4 hours ago, Hoops said:

I thought I have read in the SCSA rules that as long as a magazine was not removed from a belt mag holder or removed from a range bag at the safe table, these two scenario's are not "ammo handling" or violating the "no ammo" at safe table thus not a DQ.  But I could not find the language to that effect today so I thought I would toss it out.  What I am interested in is not what might be a "local range rule" but what is the SCSA rule and definition for DQ.  

Thanks.

Looks like Mr. Jones has already weighed in.  But, if you are still interested in the specific SCSA rule I believe 10.3.10 basically states exactly what you thought you had read.

4 minutes ago, AR_James said:

Looks like Mr. Jones has already weighed in.  But, if you are still interested in the specific SCSA rule I believe 10.3.10 basically states exactly what you thought you had read.

It was good to get confirmation and the rules section.