Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vv N320 In A Glock 35

nheiny13

I am going to be using my Glock 35 with a stock barrel for limited major so I need some help with a recipe using VV N320 with 180 gr Rainiers of Berrys. What I'm having trouble with is how many grains should I start with and then work up to and what should the OAL be. Your help will be greatly appreciated. I was told one load with Titegroup but I would like to compare side by side TG to N320. My TG load looks like this

180 gr Rainiers RNFP

4.5-4.7 grs TG (depending on what my gun will give me for major)

1.125-1.13 OAL

FED small pistol primers

If you think i should modify this let me know, or if you have some suggestions for N320.

Thanks!

I would not even think of an OAL any shorter than 1.155" OAL if using a powder as fast as N-320. I am sure others can provide a charge weight/estimated velocity out of a G35. Also, take extreme care to prevent set-back - particularly in .40 cal w/ a powder as fast as N-320. I'd suggest the EGW Undersize of "U" die made by Lee. It WILL prevent the chance of set-back.

Is using moly coated bullets safe in a stock Glock barrel. I know using lead isn't the smartest idea but I'm not sure of moly's. Can I then use jacketed bullets after I use moly's I was told by a friend that I can't, that once I use moly that I will always have to use moly.

• 1 month later...
Moly & polymer coate Precision bullets (& similar) are perfectly safe in a stock glock barrel. I have used them & B.J. earned either his A or his M card shooting those bullets out of a stock Glock 34.

HK USP series also used the polygonal barrel just like the glocks, with the exception of a fully supported chamber area.

I ordered 2500 precision bullets, I am not expecting any issues, but time will tell. I have alot of guys on some other nameless forms that are cursing me, but of course they thing reloading is a dumb choice as well....

• 3 weeks later...

I use moly coat 180 gr Masterblasters bullets with Ramshot Competition powder. I believe the N320 is similar in quickness to the Competition. Out of a Glock 35 with Barsto my hottest load has been:

3.9 gr competition

1.140 OAL

Avg Vel 906 fps

SD 22 fps

PF 163

Based on that, when I go to a major load, I'll start with a 3.9 and work up to 4.1 and I think that's all I'll need.

Hope that gives you some sort of a benchmark. As always start lower and work up checking for signs of overpressure.